Sign in to follow this  
ark

WU6 Opening Screen Shot?

What and where is that impressive WU6 opening screen shot?  Don't think I'd like to be walking across some of those iron 'bridges'!  😉

Al

1 hour ago, deepstar said:

They are here:

fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING

That's good info -- I may want to use one of those pics for my home screen.

But my original question was not clear enough. I'd like to know the geographical location shown in that picture, and does that structure have a name?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, ark said:

What and where is that impressive WU6 opening screen shot?  Don't think I'd like to be walking across some of those iron 'bridges'!  😉

Al

I don't know.  What could be more impressive than mine ... a choice of normal or safe mode to continue. LOL This is probably the most consistent aspect of MSFS right now. LOL

Despite some continuing problems I still love it.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

10 minutes ago, holliwutt said:

You could be right

I'm from Germany and I am right 😉 The Externsteine are nice too but a lot smaller and they are in my part of the country (Northrine Westfalia). The Bastei itself and the complete sandstone formations there are much bigger and are situated more eastern at the Elbe River in Saxony.

Cheers T.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, deepstar said:

They are here:

fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING

Hi deepstar,

Did a search for the above and nothing comes up in my system.  I have the MS Store versions of MSFS2020 and not sure if your reference is for the same.  Can you, or someone, give me some more information where this might be located.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

44 minutes ago, flytriman said:

Hi deepstar,

Did a search for the above and nothing comes up in my system.  I have the MS Store versions of MSFS2020 and not sure if your reference is for the same.  Can you, or someone, give me some more information where this might be located.

Thanks,

Garry

I have a default install of the MS Store version of MSFS and, as deepstar indicated, found the Bastei pic here:

C:\Users\myNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING\BOOT

The pic is in the BOOT folder and is called background_loading.jpg

Al

Edited by ark

For steam its here:

C:\Users\myNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING\BOOT

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ark said:

I have a default install of the MS Store version of MSFS and, as deepstar indicated, found the Bastei pic here:

C:\Users\myNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING\BOOT

The pic is in the BOOT folder and is called background_loading.jpg

Al

Okay...found it.  Problem was I was doing the search in my C drive, but I have my Official folder and my Community folder on a different drive.  When I saw it was in the Official folder I knew where to go.  Now that I know where all these are at it seems we could put our own screen shots in...may have to try that.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg