Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

From P-12C Pilots blog

Guest GA Flyer

"...but what I am excited about is that the new aircraft are really bringing some significant new functionality to the sim. This new functionality will likely be something that third party developers will want to build on in the future, so don't be surprised when a new aircraft is offered and uses something from FSX Adrenaline. ""...the new systems and general enhancements should be worth the cost."The new systems or functionality in aircraft of FSX Adrenaline interest me. If its something all default a/c can benefit from, hopefully adrenaline will offer to update the default a/c as well during installation in the event these new systems are only offered for the added a/c that ships with Adrenaline.

In another thread, didn't Phil say that this would NOT happen? That developers would NOT have to produce add-ons for more than a single version of FSX? Seems to me this statement undercuts (at least to some extent) the assurances given by ACES to Peter Wilding.How do others interpret this statement?Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest EricMa

Not really, the systems that he is talking about are not required systems. We are however adding to the core simulation to support the new aircraft we are building. These additions will be useable by 3rd party aircraft developers, but they are not something anyone would have to use, rather things that they could use if needed. Anything built for FSX will work in FSX: Adrenaline. The only time you would have to target FSX: Adrenaline would be if you targeted specific updates in that release. Also note that these are not huge sweeping updates, rather fairly specific to support the experiences we are going to deliver. I can assure you that we take any impact on the 3rd party community very seriously in our design/development process. As we get closer to release, we will be able to talk in more detail about what we are doing, and hopefully allay any trepidation in the community.Eric MattesonPM,FSX: AdrenalineACES Studio

Wow, great news Eric, hopefully it will include some more in depth systems modelling.Cheers and thanks for the info. Great to see you guys here.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia