Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

What other graphics adjustments do you want?..

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would just like to be able to adjust the gamma in MSFS, set contrast and black levels. 

That is a top one for me.  Even just for night time adjustemet when I dont want to scorch my eyes. I know you can do this from most monitors, but my little joystick around the back of the monitor and on screen menu are a bit 'clunky' to use. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

They have already said (I'm sure, but can't remember where) that they are introducing more screen settings, such as brightness and contrast, so I would guess gamma will be included. I'd be surprised if they omit gamma when introducing the others.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 6297J said:

I want one that can read my mind and maximise my settings to my liking without any further input from me. I just want to fly really, not endlessly tweak. For some people I think that is 90% of the attraction - not for me. I did that in FSX and it killed my enjoyment of it in the end. It's already wordnotallowed good in my opinion. I don't want to ruin it by getting into the mindset that it could always be infinitesimally better. 

I understand. Maybe most of us spent too much time tweaking in the past, i know I did - more time than flying!  But I think though there is a difference in having to tweak the hell out of something for performance, but just wanting to alter your gamma and saturation settings in sim without having to adjust your monitor, which may be set perfectly for windows etc.

• Like 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

I understand. Maybe most of us spent too much time tweaking in the past, i know I did - more time than flying!  But I think though there is a difference in having to tweak the hell out of something for performance, but just wanting to alter your gamma and saturation settings in sim without having to adjust your monitor, which may be set perfectly for windows etc.

Sure. Basics like brightness and saturation would be good. Something you can set once and forget. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Not mine.  Sorry if I am not understanding this conversation at all.  I see you are relatively new.  Do you have anything to add to the wishlist or not? Or are you just trying to shoot it down for some reason?  It is true I may have misunderstood a genuine attempt at humour! :smile:

"Relatively new here I joined March 2013

Where as you joined  September 2015 Who is the relative new member?

Edited by ndoug

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS DDR4 ATX Motherboard, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 32GB (2x16GB) Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz, GameMax Iceberg RGB Watercooler - 240mm,  1TB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB SSD, 1TB HDD.

1 minute ago, 6297J said:

Sure. Basics like brightness and saturation would be good. Something you can set once and forget. 

That's it!  As for the mind reading thing, you might have to wait a little longer! :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ndoug said:

"Relatively new here I joined March 2103 Where as you joined  September 2015 Who is the relative new member?

Not until March 2103 hmm. (I know you meant 2013)

But seriously, this is just a thread for what graphics adjustment we want to be able to set to our liking. Personally I really want to be able to adjust the contrast, brightness and saturation in the menu. 
There shouldn't be anything hostile or triggering about this topic at all. 

Have a great evening. 

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

That's it!  As for the mind reading thing, you might have to wait a little longer! :biggrin:

There's surprising progress in that field of technology and software development 😉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Not mine.  Sorry if I am not understanding this conversation at all.  I see you are relatively new.  Do you have anything to add to the wishlist or not? Or are you just trying to shoot it down for some reason?  It is true I may have misunderstood a genuine attempt at humour! :smile:

I like to be able to micro-manage this sim. To me that adds to its complexity of depth. You can nuance it to your heart's content.  So big kudos to Asobo team in providing the ability to nuance it and your seeking the same ability as a simmer.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

51 minutes ago, ndoug said:

One of the common grumbles from simmers about FSX & P3D was the amount of time they had to spend tweaking. It would seem that some folks miss that part of our hobby.

Yup…and while I know it makes people mad when others say it, I do wonder how much of the tweaking contributes to their instability. For some, maybe not at all, but for some I think it’s quite a bit.

And the real question…unless you’re using a very large screen with HDR, can you actually see the difference when you’re supposed to be “flying the plane” and not comparing screen caps to see the minutia?

Edited by neil0311

1 minute ago, ndoug said:

"Relatively new here I joined March 2103 Where as you joined  September 2015 Who is the relative new member?

Sorry about that. I will rephrase to 'relatively few posts'.  By the way, I joined in the 2000's to discuss FS2004 and when FSX first came out, but I changed my log in due to lost details.

No matter.  It seems you are just here for an argument rather than anything constructive. I am not interested in that so I am just moving on. Speak to you some other time maybe.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

Yup…and while I know it makes people mad when others say it, I do wonder how much of the tweaking contributes to their instability. For some, maybe not at all, but for some I think it’s quite a bit.

And the real question…unless you’re using a very large screen with HDR, can you actually see the difference when you’re supposed to be “flying the plane” and not comparing screen caps to see the minutia?

I get it.  But would you concede that simple things like adjusting gamma or eye adaption off (which some people seem to hate) would be alright?

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Sorry about that. I will rephrase to 'relatively few posts'.  By the way, I joined in the 2000's to discuss FS2004 and when FSX first came out, but I changed my log in due to lost details.

No matter.  It seems you are just here for an argument rather than anything constructive. I am not interested in that so I am just moving on. Speak to you some other time maybe.

You started the argument I made an observation not aimed at you,

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS DDR4 ATX Motherboard, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 32GB (2x16GB) Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz, GameMax Iceberg RGB Watercooler - 240mm,  1TB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB SSD, 1TB HDD.

I think those guys have a point about tweaking syndrome...BUT...the saving grace is that we have presets (Ultra / High / Medium etc.) so those who don't want to endlessly tweak these myriad of sliders, do not have to do so.

It might be nice to have a basic graphics dialog (with a master preset slider only), so that the huge slider dialogs aren't evident during normal use, and then an advanced graphics settings dialog which can be accessed.

Edited by Mace
caint spell
  • Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB