Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

What other graphics adjustments do you want?..

16 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

I would like an Ali Landry option please.

That one is a bit above my head!  Is he a graphics expert of some kind! :blink: 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would just like to be able to adjust the gamma in MSFS, set contrast and black levels. 

Which would be a major support also (but not exlusively) for the VR users.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

She is an actress. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

She is an actress. 

Oops!  Yes.  Google is good.  I should have looked. :unsure:

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I suppose the trick to all of this is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you ask 10 people what looks real… you might not get 10 unique answers but i doubt you’ld get one.  It’s not really abdicating responsibilty on the devs part when there isn’t one unassailable answer to any of the criteria being discussed above (too little haze, too much haze, bloom/no-bloom etc).  If you don’t like to tweak …. Don’t tweak.  The sim looks pretty fabulous now.

You could also argue since the ‘correct’ answer to the best settings is quite subjective, it would be an easy automatic survey on their part if they built in a reporting back to Asobo on the most common community selections.  These could be bundled up into presets to make it easier for newcomers down the road.

I’d vote for them taking a stab at some reasonable presets now and hiding “advanced” sliders in a sub menu for those who want to tinker.

Edited by VFXSimmer
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

I suppose the trick to all of this is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you ask 10 people what looks real… you might not get 10 unique answers but I doubt you’ld get one....

That is exactly right.  And there lies the essence to this problem.  That is why I think adjustable settings are the key really, to take any blame away from the developers for the sim being too bright or too dark etc.

With cosmetic adjustments, it is hard to foul anything up really, so the developers could say 'here are the sliders to alter the gamma or sharpness etc. - tweak away!  But if you mess anything up, all you have is the 'return to defaults button', don't call us!'  :smile:

• Like 1

I'm sure that a few sliders to get the best personal settings for our setup isn't beyond the average simmer, I'm all for sliders but Asobo shouldn't make us having to alter the cfg file to get our desired config, it's 2021 not the 1990's.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

She is an actress who does politics in her spare time and, for her cause (on which I will not come back), declared that « silence was not an option ». I think that Stoopy refers to that.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Great Suggestions Here.

My Immersion Killer is how bright and large Runway lights are at Night from far away. A Slider so we could reduce the size Light Output would be fantastic as we know in real life they are hard to see 5 miles out...

H

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Since many users want sliders for brightness, gamma, saturation and more, please make sure to vote in this thread as well. Seems like this request is somewhat underrepresented.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/options-for-contrast-brightness-gamma-hdr-sharpness-level-color-saturation-etc/320448

Done, This escaped me so far.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

20 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

She is an actress who does politics in her spare time and, for her cause (on which I will not come back), declared that « silence was not an option ». I think that Stoopy refers to that.

No altruistic, socially-responsible or political reference from me. I just find her very easy on the eyes. 😁

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't get this. More sliders? 

Yeah, let's turn this into a sliders and tweak sim. 

My suggestion (from earlier in this thread) is simple Ricardo.

Here's your graphics settings screen;

One big slider, Ultra/High/Medium/Low  -- you're /done/, if you want to be done.

and below that....a big huge button for "Advanced Settings"

Edited by Mace
  • Like 4

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

In the future

RT Shadows low to ultra

RT reflections low to ultra

DLSS and fidelityFX

particle effects low to ultra 

VRAM allocation size like COD - not 100% sure on this though

ultra ultra mode

Vegetation low to ultra, adjusts tree and foliage variance 

gamma

saturation

more adjustability and user friendly rewording for vsync in game.

film grain, sepia and b&w modes for those classic flights

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir