Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

Just installed the suite, and deleted both P3D v4.x and 5.x SHADER folders.  If you update, remember to do that, as well as REBOOT your rig, before running either version.... 🙂

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Title amended to reflect discussion.
  • Like 1

Hello, 

It runs OK on my system

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

@Sesquashtoo, I updated to 471.92 on Saturday after a DXGI DEVICE HUNG message and had another yesterday. But I forgot to clear the cache which could have been responsible.

I’ll try these and clear the shaders, thanks. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Sesquashtoo, I updated to 471.92 on Saturday after a DXGI DEVICE HUNG message and had another yesterday. But I forgot to clear the cache which could have been responsible.

I’ll try these and clear the shaders, thanks. 👍

Did the DXGI DEVICE HUNG message appear out of nowhere, or could you pinpoint the cause?

Just now, Afterburner said:

Did the DXGI DEVICE HUNG message appear out of nowhere, or could you pinpoint the cause?

I was about 15 mins out of Albuquerque enroute to LAX and making changes to the PMDG737 CDU menu system when the sim froze and that message appeared.

I reloaded from an Autosave and the rest of the flight was fine. Hard to say what was responsible but I’d forgotten the old rule about clearing the shaders after new drivers are installed.

I’m pretty sure it’s not scenery related as it would have crashed with the reload and in any case it would have been an entirely different message. These DXGI ones are so confusing as they give no clue as to the problem. If my graphics card had truly “hung” why was I able to read the message?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I actually found your thread about it on the LM forum 😉  You stated that it's "clearly associated with DX12", but I don't think it's true, since this problem was well known with P3Dv4 (did you have these errors with v4?)  I have them rarely, and mostly when I use PMDG 777 (a coincidence that you also have them when using PMDG 737?). I agree that there is no clue to what could cause them. I never had any back in the old P3Dv3 days with Windows 7 and 382.15 drivers 😉

@Afterburner, no, never had them with v4 and I flew around the world in the 737NGX. That's why I made the association with v5 and DX12.

And to correct my earlier post I am running 471.96 - installed on Saturday. Shaders now deleted and I'm setting up a flight from LAX to Vancouver. That should be a good test.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just had another DXGI DEVICE_HUNG error 25 mins out of LAX. Shaders were deleted. Frustrating.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That sucks. Since when did you start having these errors?  Is you GPU factory overclocked by chance?

46 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just had another DXGI DEVICE_HUNG error 25 mins out of LAX. Shaders were deleted. Frustrating.

try without the RTSS overlay, it hasn't been real friendly with p3dv5 lately. I also think there is a new version on 3dguru

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

18 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

try without the RTSS overlay, it hasn't been real friendly with p3dv5 lately. I also think there is a new version on 3dguru

Haven't used that in a long time. Was getting lots of DXGI errors with it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

That sucks. Since when did you start having these errors?  Is you GPU factory overclocked by chance?

The GPU isn't overclocked but the mobo is using Asus AI Suite III as recommended by @Pete Dowson. CPU running at 5.2 on 3 cores and 5.0 on the rest. Would that impact on the GPU?

Just had a second DXGI hang on my LAX-CYVR flight. 😞 I only seem to get them away from Europe. Australia and now USA.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The GPU isn't overclocked but the mobo is using Asus AI Suite III as recommended by @Pete Dowson. CPU running at 5.2 on 3 cores and 5.0 on the rest. Would that impact on the GPU?

Just had a second DXGI hang on my LAX-CYVR flight. 😞 I only seem to get them away from Europe. Australia and now USA.

Curious to know how many addons you have installed?

Mike

Do you have Bathymetry on or off? It caused the same issues for me when turned on. I’m on 471.96 without issues so far.