Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

2 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Curious to know how many addons you have installed?

Ultimate Terrain X USA, Orbx FTX Global and Pilot's FS Global. All standard stuff and been using it for years.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ultimate Terrain X USA, Orbx FTX Global and Pilot's FS Global. All standard stuff and been using it for years.

Perhaps it’s one or some of the addons causing it?

mike

11 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Perhaps it’s one or some of the addons causing it?

mike

Unlikely. I've had them for years and used them in P3Dv4. THey're just enhanced land class and mesh. No such problems with that sim. I'm convinced there are still DXGI errors to sort out. I'll await a further update from LM.

I'll also fly this morning's route with a different aircraft. Not PMDG. If they still occur it's not the PMDG.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, srcraig said:

Hi

I too have suffered from this issue and used this I found on the FSLabs forums with success. I also went back to 471.11.

https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu-drivers-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html#GPUdriverscrashwithlongcomputations(TDRcrash)-HowtoreverttheTDRtoitsdefaultvalues?

By "this issue" do you mean the DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG message?

And did you edit the Registry as that link advises?

Has the DXGI problem recurred since?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've just remembered a topic about DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG from a few months ago. I had Power Management Mode set to "Use global setting".

I'm going to switch to "Prefer maximum performance". Perhaps there are some instances where not enough power is getting to the card.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Same message, did the Registry link as advised, so far no recurrence. It can be undone or altered with a longer time.

I found this on the FSLabs website and was recommended by their team.

I only use the Labs aircraft and have the same 1080Ti as you. I use orbx, envtex, envshade and Active Sky.

Only time will tell if it fixes it but so far it has been fine. I found the newer drivers with Windows 11 compatibility gave me stutters hence reverted to 471.11.

Hope it helps.

• Upvote 1

Stewart 

Scotland, UK

@srcraig, I'll keep it in reserve, thanks. Out of interest what do you have you Power management setting in NCP set to?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot

I had the DXGI problems also.Tried pretty much everything mentioned above. So, I contacted the guys at Jetline who advised they had found that using the tuning utility called MSI Afterburner can help reduce/eliminate these errors.

Simply download and install this app (it’s free). before you run P3D, open MSI Afterburner and set your Power Limit to 93% . You can download the Afterburner program here https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner.

That stopped the error for me on my Nvidia1080ti.You might want to see if that helps.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

3 minutes ago, JesC said:

@Ray Proudfoot

I had the DXGI problems also.Tried pretty much everything mentioned above. So, I contacted the guys at Jetline who advised they had found that using the tuning utility called MSI Afterburner can help reduce/eliminate these errors.

Simply download and install this app (it’s free). before you run P3D, open MSI Afterburner and set your Power Limit to 93% . You can download the Afterburner program here https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner.

That stopped the error for me on my Nvidia1080ti.You might want to see if that helps.

Jesse

Thanks. I've used this before in conjunction with RTSS but RTSS caused DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG issues so I dropped both of them. I've not tried Afterburner for the power setting but it seems the opposite of what I'm doing.

I'm going to stick with Max Perf for a while because when I first got v5 I distinctly remember having this problem with the default power setting. Chooosing prefer max perf solved it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm using 466.27. Never a problem. Why should I update if there is nothing releated to P3D in a newer version ? If it aint broken, don't touch it 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I'm flying the same route from LAX to CYVR as I did this morning in the PMDG737. This time I'm using a more graphically intensive aircraft - Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25. No DXGI problems so far and I've gone way past the point it CTD'd this morning.

Prefer Maximum Performance appears to be more stable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

it seems the opposite of what I'm doing.

Actually, I think they are a little different. The Max performance power setting is just forcing the GPU to maintain it's maximum voltage and clock so there are no variations. MSI Afterburner is just lowering the power limit to a value that is more stable.

At least that's my understanding of it. Admittedly this is waaay above my pay grade. Of course if the Max Performance setting works for you there is no need to mess with success.

Good Luck,

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

4 minutes ago, JesC said:

Actually, I think they are a little different. The Max performance power setting is just forcing the GPU to maintain it's maximum voltage and clock so there are no variations. MSI Afterburner is just lowering the power limit to a value that is more stable.

I'm wondering it this crash is caused by not enough power getting to the card for a crucial few milli-seconds. I know I've changed two things from this morning but I'll try the same flight again tomorrow in the PMDG and if that's okay then it points to that setting in NCP.

Still stable running at x2 because time is short.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather