Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

I recently upgraded my system to a 8700k @4.9 and mobo. Since then, I was plagued with DXGI problems running P3Dv5. Now I have no idea whether my 1080ti was overclocked or not as it came second hand as well. Any driver, it was the same. What I did was to shave 100Mhz off the the GPU clock using Firestorm. Surprise surprise no more DXGI and that is with my sim settings mostly to the right. So now i have an enjoyable experience.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I have had ZERO DXGI crashes since 5.2... The sim is running absolutely stunning, except a few stutters here and there, but it keeps pretty well to my locked 45 FPS. 

• Like 1

I landed at Vancouver a short while ago. No DXGI issues with the NCP setting on Prefer Maximum Performance. So for now I’ll stick with that and see how things go.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I always have DXGI using both Shadows for clouds and terrain some how. Disabling those and its gone on my system. 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the registry tip posted on page 2.

I used to have this problem:

From time to time, my Win10 system would just halt with a black screen with no other recourse than powering off. It is very frustrating and you never know what damage to your files will result out of this [...] When you’re using a HDD and you enable sleep mode, it can take more than 2 sec. to wake up and during that time, at least on my test system...

More details here:

PSA: Solution to HDD and NVidia causing Win10 System Halt with Black Screen

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Quick question,

When I delete shaders in P3D, does that mean that I will have to reinstall all of my ENVSHADE SETTINGS?

Sherm

You don't delete the actual shaders or settings, just the shader cache.

The shader cache files are the compiled files based off the shaders themselves and will be added to as you fly.

I delete them from time to time anyway as many thousands will build up over time and are often the cause of unexpected crashes or CTDs.

For example atm my shader cache has 3887 files and that's only since the 2nd of September.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Just completed LAX-DEN in the PMDG737-800. No problems with DXGI. Things are looking good.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I had similar issues and tried every "fix" I could find. The problem for me was the unlimited FPS setting I was using. I noticed my GPU temp was jumping to around 86 degrees with an unlimited FPS setting. The sim would freeze and I would get the DXGI message. One day while in flight, I used the live graphics feature of P3Dv5 and set the FPS to 30. Within about 20 seconds the GPU temp dropped to about 63 degrees. I haven't had a DXGI problem since then.

Pete Locascio

Pete Locascio

The advantage of limiting P3D to 30fps is you’re not hammering the system. Even yesterday with the GPU averaging 50% I still got the dreaded DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error.

But increasing the power management in NCP to Prefer Maximum Performance seems to ensure there is always enough power available even though on the face of it there’s plenty in reserve.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot what wattage is your PSU? It could literally be a momentary peak power draw issue if you're borderline in terms of power available for the whole system. I replaced the 550W PSU in my main host machine with a 1000W for exactly that reason and have seen a lot fewer errors in general since.

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

40 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

what wattage is your PSU?

From memory 750W and a quality PSU too. Gold or better. Chillblast built it so I picked the PSU from those listed for my system.

I can’t see 750 being an issue for one display.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

From memory 750W and a quality PSU too. Gold or better. Chillblast built it so I picked the PSU from those listed for my system.

I can’t see 750 being an issue for one display.

No. Not with a single 1080Ti. Software issue, then. Hopefully it doesn't recur. 

• Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

ive been using using a fancy EVGA gold 750 full modular for a few years now with a 1080ti , no problem at all ( touch wood)

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +