Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

15 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

neither will admit it. ever.  Its money.

It will be interesting when DX12 is available for MSFS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So,

I couldn't sleep very well last night because of my crashing I got up and started messing with my computer.  I disabled all of my addons (ORBX, GSX, ACTIVESKY, ENVSHADE, AIG, etc.) except for EDDF by Aerosoft and started a flight with the R22.  I flew for 30 minutes with no crash.  I then switched to the QW787 and flew around with no problems.  Started Activating my other stuff one by one and tested without any crashes.  The only addon I did not reactivate was the ENVSHADE.  I get brave and try a 2 hour flight with my QW787 and low and behold I finished the flight without a hiccup!!!!!!  So I'm pretty sure my problem lies with the ENVSHADE program.  I'm going to do a flight from KORD to KIAD with my PMDG 737 and see how that goes.  Another thing I noticed was my video card didn't get Hot without the shaders being activated.  Thank the lord I think my problem is solved!!!!!!!!!  I will post results after next flight.   

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

neither will admit it. ever.  Its money.

No one knows the trigger or where the problem resides, but you're certain why it's not getting fixed?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

@dufus01, for your sanity I hope you’re right but I suspect you just got lucky. I don’t have ENVSHADE and I got the DXGI HUNG problem every second or third flight and only in the PMDG737.

The Registry entries have prevented it. If you’re convinced it’s ENVSHADE remove those from the Registry and test your theory.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey, Im right in the middle of a flight.  I had set up everything and once I loaded the pmdg 737 into kord the dang device hung error happened!!!!  Apparently envshade resets itself so I deleted the program and started p3d again with no problems.  Keeping fingers crossed!!!!

On 10/31/2021 at 4:22 PM, Luke said:

No one knows the trigger or where the problem resides, but you're certain why it's not getting fixed?

Cheers!

yep, its been around since v4.

as mentioned before they never bothered to fix bad bgl data, so with that in mind,  im using the same logic they wont give a way more complicated issue of dxgi errors.

in my opinion, they are not the angels you think they are. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Nobody is thinking they're angels as you think we are.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

yep, its been around since v4.

as mentioned before they never bothered to fix bad bgl data, so with that in mind,  im using the same logic they wont give a way more complicated issue of dxgi errors.

If the problem was purely down to bad BGL data everyone would have been affected. I never had a single DXGI issue with v4 in over 2 years of use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If the problem was purely down to bad BGL data everyone would have been affected. I never had a single DXGI issue with v4 in over 2 years of use.

no.  as mention numerous times before.

a few years ago GSX would cause various CTDs  in various locations,  over russia, norway and the canadian east coast.

for 2 years people on this forumn nailed it down to certain areas, and umberto at gsx recoded gsx so it wouldnt read bgl data at a certain altitiude beause bad bgl data was causing it to ctd.  It was found out because Eric on here recommended restarting coultl once you had pushed back and then the penny dropped and Umberto fixed the issue.  No help at all from LM,  none.

So you could say it was 50% gsx coding (which was changed) and 50% LMs bad BGL data.

So through this painful 2 year period, of nailing down the issue, do you think LM got involved to help,and have a look at their bgl data,  nope not once. Not a hint of help. Time is money

They left it up to umberto and 5 or so people on here to narrow down and ultimatley fix the issue. No help whatsoever.  2 years....  I wish I could find the old topic with maps of canada and constanlty flying routes across the same area in the vain attempt of trying to find which BGL  was causing it.   It was painfull to say the least.

If LM wont help with of one the top 5 best selling "simmer" addons, GSX,  and their own courpt bgl data, why would they get involved with the minefield that is DXGI errors unless their main customers (the military) ask for it to be fixed.

Theres one thing fixing dodgy bridges at EHAM on W10, a quick fix,  but if they wont work with Umberto, what makes you think they will take their developers off their projects to work with ndivia and whoever makes Direct X to try and nail down their errors.  If theres no thing ive learn in life is people in IT seem to hate getting out of their offices and working/ networking or basically dealing  with other "people" in general.  Give them lines of code, they like that. 

you could also add to the bad bgl data,  the green scroll bar stutter, well documented with the FSL  and the fullscreen issue in v5 with running an app within the sim.  Once again to do with direct X.  18 months or so with v5 still not fixed. 

Ill still putting my head on the line and saying with confidence in a years time V5 will have the DXGI issue and this topic will be 50 pages long with people messing around with reghacks, and also the same people will be saying that LM walk on water.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

9 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

no.  as mention numerous times before.

a few years ago GSX would cause various CTDs  in various locations,  over russia, norway and the canadian east coast.

So those weren’t DXGI errors. That makes your post off-topic. You continue to bash P3D but continue to use it. Does that make you some kind of masochist?

No flight sim is perfect and LM do not provide support as I’ve found out myself. There’s no way they’re going to assist with problems partially caused with third party software. They just don’t communicate. You have to accept that.

Can we now get back on topic please. I’ve had no DXGI errors since the Registry fix. I suggest you do the same.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So those weren’t DXGI errors. That makes your post off-topic. You continue to bash P3D but continue to use it. Does that make you some kind of masochist?

No flight sim is perfect and LM do not provide support as I’ve found out myself. There’s no way they’re going to assist with problems partially caused with third party software. They just don’t communicate. You have to accept that.

Can we now get back on topic please.

my point is ray if they wont fix bgl data, why do you think they will fix dxgi errors.

youll still be here in 2 years posting about dxgi errors.  my opinion is they will not devote their time, money and effort to fix them.

maybe Im wrong, Id love to be wrong,

maybe they will spend hours and hours working with ndivia to iron it out but I very much doubt it.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does that make you some kind of masochist?

No it makes me a customer who they are quite happy to sell to, make profit from by taking my money, yet because im not the military they wont fix things unless i mess around with reg hacks which every IT proffesional worth their while would never condone messing with reghacks.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, fluffyflops said:

my point is ray if they wont fix bgl data, why do you think they will fix dxgi errors.

I haven’t encountered any BGL errors. P3D has been very stable for me. If DXGI errors can be prevented with a Registry fix that will do for me. And given I’ve only encountered DXGI ones with the PMDG737 who’s to say that aircraft isn’t partially responsible? If the problem doesn’t occur with default aircraft in default scenery how do they trap and fix the error?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

youve paid money for it and helped them make money off it.  you shouldnt have to **** about with reg hacks.

14ppkc-6.png