Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

On 11/7/2021 at 3:48 PM, BunnyHairedKid said:

Hi guys,

I've made the above registry modifications but somehow I am still getting dxgi device hung crashes? Any idea how this is possible? 

Thanks for all your hard work

I've lowered my CPU clock slightly and in conjunction with the registry hacks that seemed to have stopped the hung errors!

• Like 1

Will be interesting with P3D v5.3 just released.  I think reverting back to the older drivers is key.  I just did my second flight with no crash.  Gaining some optimism that P3D is going to be usable again.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

26 minutes ago, BunnyHairedKid said:

I've lowered my CPU clock slightly and in conjunction with the registry hacks that seemed to have stopped the hung errors!

If that works for you, great. I used Asus Suite to overclocking my CPU and it set the first 3 cores to 5.2 with the remaining 3 to 4.9. No DXGI errors since I did this.

19 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Will be interesting with P3D v5.3 just released.  I think reverting back to the older drivers is key.  I just did my second flight with no crash.  Gaining some optimism that P3D is going to be usable again.

Agreed. I remain with 471.96. I’m waiting until ASP3D and SimStarterNG are 5.3 compatible.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray -- ASP3D has already been updated for 5.3 to version 8005.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

3 minutes ago, pgde said:

Ray -- ASP3D has already been updated for 5.3 to version 8005.

Yes, I spotted that in the v5.3 topic I’m guessing posted by you. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

After months of trouble-free flying this error returned yesterday. No change of drivers but one significant change to P3D.

I enabled EA to try and overcome the sky banding with EA off. Hi-Fi advised that was the change required to stop it.

I’ve tried EA before but just cannot cope with the way clouds are depicted plus there seems to be a general haze making the ground less distinct. Then there’s the dark VC but that was mitigated to some extent with a fix.

But I’m not prepared to have these crashes just to resolve the sky banding. In any case it was still there with EA on, just less distinct.

Back to EA Off for this user until such time LM sort out the banding assuming they consider it an issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

After months of trouble-free flying this error returned yesterday. No change of drivers but one significant change to P3D.

Ray,

I have a 1080ti and went through alot of pain with DXGI errors but found some fixes that worked for me. As you were running trouble-free up until making the EA change, if you want to give it another chance (sky-banding aside, just to see if it can run EA without crashing on you)

I found that if I changed any graphical setting and then continue the flight it's highly likely to DXGI on me. If it's via 'live graphics' it wouldn't crash by the way. So if you relaunch the sim - change EA - apply setting - quit the sim.... Now.... fingers crossed, it should behave from here on in.

Edited by Freq_flyer44
shpelling

@Freq_flyer44, thanks for the tip. If I really liked EA mode visually I’d try your suggestion but frankly I really don’t like it and performance seems worse with fps below 30 at lightweight airports like UK2000 Glasgow.

That’s never been an issue in non-EA mode.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Freq_flyer44, thanks for the tip. If I really liked EA mode visually I’d try your suggestion but frankly I really don’t like it and performance seems worse with fps below 30 at lightweight airports like UK2000 Glasgow.

That’s never been an issue in non-EA mode.

I am on EA and enabling cloud shadows trigger this.

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png