Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 471.96 and DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG resolved

Hi guys,

I've made the above registry modifications but somehow I am still getting dxgi device hung crashes? Any idea how this is possible? 

Thanks for all your hard work

11 hours ago, BunnyHairedKid said:

Hi guys,

I've made the above registry modifications but somehow I am still getting dxgi device hung crashes? Any idea how this is possible? 

Thanks for all your hard work

Under what circumstances? P3D v5.2 HF1? What aircraft?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Under what circumstances? P3D v5.2 HF1? What aircraft?

Yes P3D v5.2HF1 with 1080Ti. It happened on approach to FSDT KCLT in the FSL A321 and then just happened again departing FSDT KDFW in the AS CRJ7. I have just rolled back to your driver version of 471.96 using DDU and cleared all shaders as well. I am pretty stumped now 😕

8 hours ago, BunnyHairedKid said:

I have just rolled back to your driver version of 471.96 using DDU and cleared all shaders as well. I am pretty stumped now 😕

So those crashes were with different drivers? Have you had one with 471.96?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 11/9/2021 at 1:45 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

So those crashes were with different drivers? Have you had one with 471.96?

Sorry for the confusion. Those crashes were on 471.96.

1 hour ago, BunnyHairedKid said:

Sorry for the confusion. Those crashes were on 471.96.

In that case there’s nothing more I can suggest, sorry.

No one else is reporting back if these settings have prevented the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In that case there’s nothing more I can suggest, sorry.

No one else is reporting back if these settings have prevented the problem.

I've dug a little more into what these registry edits do and from what I understand it changes the delay time from the gpu to respond from like 2 to 8 seconds. So if the gpu is still at max vram for more than 8 seconds then I believe it will still throw the device hung error. I will try to lower some settings to lower vram and see if this fixes it altogether. 

Thanks for all your help! 

@BunnyHairedKid, one thing I forgot is a setting in Nvidia CP. There’s an option for the graphics card under a P3D profile assuming you have one.

Prefer Maximum Performance might resolve your problem rather than the default setting. I can’t give you precise instructions but change that and see if it helps.

Regarding the setting of 60 in the Registry I’d be guessing in thinking it relates to the number of seconds delay.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 11/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've hardly bothered with the DX shader cache since adding those entries in the Registry. Not one DXGI problem.

Sorry If I'm asking to repeat yourself, but which registry entries did you make?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

15 minutes ago, Bigmack said:

Sorry If I'm asking to repeat yourself, but which registry entries did you make?

The ones in the locked topic above.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I got the error once again in the PMDG 77W from ZSPD to RKSI over water at about 6gb VRAM out of 11gb card.

Strange issue this is.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

I got the error once again in the PMDG 77W from ZSPD to RKSI over water at about 6gb VRAM out of 11gb card.

Strange issue this is.

Michael Moe 

It is exasperating. I have no idea what triggers it. I’ve had none since editing the Registry but I do get the sim freezing for a few seconds with a buzzing from the speakers. It then stops and the rest of the flight is fine.

I suspect this is due to the DXGI issue manifesting itself in a different way but at least the flight continues without issue.

If you have MSFS with DX12 enabled does it happen in that? If not it looks like a P3D problem but you try getting a response out of LM.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just got one, the first one after making Ray's changes. Flying P3D's latest version, Aerosoft A320, Radar Contact, Active Sky. 😞 Received the message when trying to un-pause the sim.

Edited by David Vega
Adding more info.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

9 minutes ago, David Vega said:

Received the message when trying to un-pause the sim.

I had that happen to me but before I made the Registry changes. But despite pausing the sim a couple of times since it’s been okay.

Keep your eye on the MSFS forum especially where DX12 is in use. If that sim doesn’t get them then it points the finger at LM.

Sadly they don’t respond to any of these posts so we’re at their mercy.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If that sim doesn’t get them then it points the finger at LM.

Or NVidia. Don't forget that most of the optimization that the drivers bring to applications is running their own GPU code instead of the original software's.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.