Sign in to follow this  
Guest captaindobbin

Eaglesoft FPS hit??

Can someone please provide input on how the Citation, and Cirrus affect FPS in FSX. I have the sim the way I like it, and hold steady in all weather at 27fps (locked). In the lear, they hold around 25. I want to purchase the cirrus for sure, but am worried of an FPS hit that might make it unflyable. Thanks very much in advance.danon - -

Guest bjablonka

No impact of the Cirrus on FPS. Excellent plane, great support!

Guest Alphahawk3

I have a medium system...P4 3ghz....2gig RAM...7600GT video card. I fly in rural TN. With a Flight 1 Cessna 172 I can maintain 25 FPS at my local airport...KMRC. I use no autogen but my other sliders with the exception of traffic are maxed out. With the Cirrus 22 my FPS goes down to 14FPS.

Guest captaindobbin

Why would anyone say that the cirrus has no fps hit? Of course it does. In fsx it performs a little slower than the g1000 172, but that's on xp. In vista it works only if you disable Data Execution Prevention, and even then the hit is worse than on xp. I realize that avidyne simulation is no simple task, but Eaglesoft seriously need to optimize their planes. Not overkill with the glass resolution, for one. The Liberty, a non-avidyne, is a prime example as it gets ridiculously low fps because of the inefficient vm1000, which is much faster in the aussim glasair III.

The Eaglesoft Cirrus has an impact of about 5 fps here with my setup (see below) compared to the 172 w/G1000.Keep in mind that the Cirrus has 2 auxiliary Garmins compared to the stock 172 with the G1000, which naturally eats up more CPU cycles.I'll keep my fingers crossed that SP1 will bring some relief, because the Cirrus is my favorite FSX plane. Hands down....at least until the Columbia is released.Pat

hmmm..Gives me something to think about. Too bad I cannot try it out. I am not going to upgrade for a few more month's and it sounds like unless I am just really rare, it will hit me hard. I had a feeling the vc would be intense on the frames. Right now I cannot justify a 14fps drop, especially for rural flight. Now...I could stand to lose 5 fps, but who knows what I will face. Im not missing something, there is no demo version right?? No try and then buy....thanks for all the input so far.danon -

I have the Liberty for FSX and it eats frames.Nice plane though. I like EagleSoft.

Guest captaindobbin

I like eaglesoft too, don't get me wrong; I have bought several of their planes. Their avidyne is easily unmatched and has the endorsement of the company itself. Nevertheless, the planes do not have to be quite as hard on the frame rates as they are. I notice that if you unclick high resolution cockpit in fsx then the cirrus gets 10 frames more. The appearance suffers too much, however, so it would be nice if there were an option for a avidyne resolution somewhere in between. The Liberty frame rate hit is unwarranted, but yes the plane is very accurate. The columbia 400 would have to be seriously optimized for fsx because it performs worse than the cirrus in fs9, despite the fact that the glass screen is smaller. I just wish they would go back and optimize everything, especially now with the demands of fsx. After all, they only give 30 % discount for the upgrades, yet the planes are exactly the same. Tisk tisk.

No Impact? Surely, you jest. Of course it has an impact. The FPS drop will vary from annoying to disasterous depending on the system.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

FPS questions will always bring a variety of answers based on users systems and experiences. They usually range from bad to excellent depending on whom you ask.Keep in mind that Eaglesoft Development Group uses the Flight One Ecommerce system and has had a 30 day refund policy in place since day one. This allows users to determine whether a product is good on the USERS system:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>...yet the planes are exactly the>same. Tisk tisk.No, they are NOT the same. Just because they LOOK alike doesn't mean the actual .mdl is the same... Tisk, tisk indeed! :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

...hardly a fair comparison at all... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, you can try it out - they use the Flight 1 wrapper. Try it for up to 30 days and return with no questions if it doesn't suit you.DJ

>Yes, you can try it out - they use the Flight 1 wrapper. Try>it for up to 30 days and return with no questions if it>doesn't suit you.>>DJExactly. No need to rehash everyones view of product X, Y, or Z since the refund policy is in place. In our view, users need to evaluate performance on their OWN machine with their OWN settings to have an accurate assessment of a given product.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png