Sign in to follow this  
powlcown

Carenado Piper Seneca Weather Radar

I can't seem to get any weather radar to show up on the Bendix radar screen on the Carenado Piper Seneca. Anyone else having this problem? I have real weather enabled on sim and Bendix definitely in the on position. Any suggestions would be welcomed. This is a great aircraft to fly. I have also the premium version of the GTN750 which works a treat. 

It is proper weather radar in that it only shows precipitation, not cloud, and the range is limited.  It was working on mine the last time I tried it. 

Try to select a rainy setting from the weather.  Look towards the rain sheets falling from the clouds. 
If you turn the Seneca towards it, the precipitation should show on the screen in various colours depending on the intensity of the rain.

One thing I will say is that I have not tried this since WU6, so not sure if that has broken anything.  :smile:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just a couple days ago I was using the Seneca and it was showing some weather on the radar, I can’t say for sure how accurate it was as I didn’t go investigate but it was definitely Showing some colour.  
I’m really enjoying the Seneca as well with the 750 mod, it’s a really fun offering from carenado! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thank you bobcat999 and flyinpilot212121 for your fast response to my query. Sounds as if I'm expecting a little too much out of the radar. Will find some really wet weather and give it a go as suggested. I was just curious to know if others were having similar problems. 

Definitely working okay. Just picked storm weather and got this:

NCkuL6K.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here