Sign in to follow this  
Paulcoy

Engine Cut Out

Hi. I am having an annoying problem that after take off the engine cuts out usually between 20-30 seconds on all aircraft (I only fly GA) and yes there is plenty of fuel. After updating to SU6 all was fine. I use the Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle. Any ideas what this could be?

Edited by Paulcoy

Does this happen even if you disconnect the yoke and throttle?  Try it as a test. Just use keyboard and mouse for a short test flight. 

• Check the  Failures setting. 
  • Ensure Community folder is empty (you can just rename it) for testing. 
  • Check for latest drivers for that throttle and yoke

57 minutes ago, Paulcoy said:

Hi. I am having an annoying problem that after take off the engine cuts out usually between 20-3- seconds on all aircraft (I only fly GA) and yes there is plenty of fuel. After updating to SU6 all was fine. I use the Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle. Any ideas what this could be?

Key questions: Are you starting the flight on the runway (systems already configured and engines automatically running)?  Or starting Cold and Dark..  ?  Have you verified quadrant lever movement (when you move the Bravo levers are you seeing corresponding movement on the aircraft quadrant in the sim)?  Have you verified the position of the fuel selector(s)?  For example, the DA62 is tricky until you figure it out.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for your reply, guys. I normally start on runway and yes, all fuel systems are where they should be. Will now do some eradication tests.

Unfortunately nothing above has cured my problem, but thanks for your ideas. Are there any MSFS config files I can delete which will regenerate on start up. Otherwise I'm looking at re installing Which I'd rather not do

1 hour ago, Paulcoy said:

Thanks for your reply, guys. I normally start on runway and yes, all fuel systems are where they should be. Will now do some eradication tests.

What happens if you start on a stand, does it cutout right away too?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Paulcoy,

Am wondering if it has to do with the on going issue widely reported on these forums that we have to go to Settings and delete the "Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve" and the "Toggle Engine 2 Fuel Valve". I was Having the same exact problem after SU4 and after applying this fix from one of the forums, is what worked for me, but I own a TCA Quadrant. Good Luck.

Mario

Thanks Mario but unfortunately all "Toggle Engine" are not allocated. Shame I was hoping that was it. And yes Bob it still cuts out after 20-30 seconds. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts

Does it happen after you do something like going to a menu or it just cuts out as you're flying after takeoff? It sounds like a mixture issue where for some reason the mixture is jumping to idle cutoff - some axis setting somewhere maybe? 

Hi and good evening.

Im not sure if I’m having the same issue. On my last two flights I have had my engines shut down and also all my display gauges. The first was using the Bredok3D 737 max, immediately after push back both engines shut down and all displays went blank, the second was using the Virtualcol Beachcraft 99 this time i had been pushed back and had begun my taxi to the assigned runway, this time I noticed all the display gauges went first and then the engines, then just came to a halt leaving me wonder what I had done. I haven’t tried with any stock aircraft, if I get time tonight I will. The only two things that was in common as far as I can tell is that they are both third party aircraft, why that would make a difference I don’t know and also I was using the push back utility plug in. All as far as I can see all are up to date. Don’t know if this helps shine a light on the OP problem, I’m baffled with mine. Thanks.

Hi all. Yes, it usually happens not far past the runway but all electrics and pressure gauges are fine. It is very characteristic of pulling the choke lever. but a while ago I completed a half hour flight. Now I'm back to square one with cut outs. I have tried third party aircraft and stock.

Hi Glenn. I don't know the answer to that. I never fly the big tins 😀 Interesting thought though

Edited by Paulcoy

14 hours ago, Paulcoy said:

Hi all. Yes, it usually happens not far past the runway but all electrics and pressure gauges are fine. It is very characteristic of pulling the choke lever.

If you check in Controls -> Power Management -> Mixture do you have any conflicts there or anything assigned to some axis somehow? Check across all peripherals that you have. I used to get something like this happening on the CJ4 which doesn't have a mixture control but if I left the mixture axis I'd mapped on my throttle axis in the off position the sim wouldn't read the value at first but if it got bumped at all the sim would suddenly read the axis setting at 0 and cut off the engine mid-flight.

Interestingly My Honeycomb Yoke has "Throttle 2 Axis" set to "JOYSTICKL-AXIS X" but nothing under Mixture apart from Keyboard. And my Honeycomb Bravo has others set to the prop. Any thing using an Axis I have set with FSUIPC but not buttons or keys. I wonder if I should unbind the MSFS stuff

Edited by Paulcoy