Sign in to follow this  
BobKinSTL

Audio Configuration Changing On Its Own

Every so often my audio setting in the audio setup for FS2Crew NGXu and UGCX will suddenly be different when I start the programs.  I can't be sure, but this might be occurring after Windows updates.  Headset audio device will be changed to speakers in FS2Crew and UCGX will be changed to text instead of voice.  I reset everything but I don't know why this happens randomly and would like to make it stop.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Bob Koehler

No, I never reinstall it and none of the other setup options or configuration settings ever change, except when a new version is released.  It's just the audio settings that randomly change, maybe once a month.  

Bob 

1 hour ago, BobKinSTL said:

No, I never reinstall it and none of the other setup options or configuration settings ever change, except when a new version is released.  It's just the audio settings that randomly change, maybe once a month.  

Bob 

Hi Bob,

It if it changes by itself once a month, it sounds like a Windows update issue.

That's all I can think off.

From my own experience, I know Windows updates can mess with audio settings sometimes, but I haven't experienced that in quite a while.

But that wouldn't explain why your mode would switch from Voice to Button Control mode.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Hi Bob,

It if it changes by itself once a month, it sounds like a Windows update issue.

That's all I can think off.

From my own experience, I know Windows updates can mess with audio settings sometimes, but I haven't experienced that in quite a while.

But that wouldn't explain why your mode would switch from Voice to Button Control mode.

Thanks Bryan, I believe it's a Windows update thing.  Just to confirm, the mode does not switch from voice to button on FS2Crew, it only changes on UGCX.  So in summary, the changes I randomly see about once a month on both products at the same time is suddenly I cannot hear UGCX when they announce "ground to cockpit" so I have to go in and change that.  Then On FS2Crew, preflight (let's get set up) and announcement by the first officer of a walk around always come through my speakers and then checklists comes through my headset, but the change that happens there is FO checklist voice continues coming through the speakers so I have to go into Audio and change it back to headset.  Not a big deal, just kind of strange.  Thanks!

Bob