Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

RSP Robinson R44 Released Wednesday 15 on Flighstim.to

Ther latest RSP development update on the R44 is out, confirming it's using the Fred Naar flight mode, showing the AirlandFS app that provides config and external flight model (with editable config file).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ampjXwD0B9g

The bigger news thought is that the 1.0 Alpha release date is now confirmed for Wednesday 15th at 9AM GMT on flightsim.to

They've concentrated on flight model initially so lots of work still to do on cockpit modelling and sound but they will be including their roadmap with the release.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

They've concentrated on flight model initially so lots of work still to do on cockpit modelling and sound but they will be including their roadmap with the release.

Great news! Thanks for the heads up.. Can't wait to try it. 

Really happy they have concentrated on flight model first.  Pity HPG didn't take that approach. 

2 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Great news! Thanks for the heads up.. Can't wait to try it. 

Really happy they have concentrated on flight model first.  Pity HPG didn't take that approach. 

Curious, why is it a pity for the HPG?  I dont have them but they appear to have been well received.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

9 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Pity HPG didn't take that approach. 

H145 is pretty good in my opinion

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

18 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Curious, why is it a pity for the HPG?  I dont have them but they appear to have been well received.

Well received by people who haven't a clue how a helicopter flies.

Seriously, the flight model has serious flaws which have been there all the way from the H135 and still haven't been addressed. It's in beta though. There's still hope. 

I'm still flying it a lot... I just roll my eyes several times a flight. 😁 

Looking at who's behind the flight model on these new RSP helis makes me happy though.  Really looking forward to them.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

H145 is pretty good in my opinion

Glad you're enjoying it.  I wont knock anyone for their opinion.

8 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Glad you're enjoying it.  I wont knock anyone for their opinion.

I know there are no VRS or transitioning lift implemented, but my hope when MSFS add helicopter officially there will be more developer tools for improvement.  I enjoyed flying helicopters in DCS and XP11 and I don't think H145 is far off frankly

R44 is out on Flightsim.to now.

https://flightsim.to/file/20566/robinson-r44-raven-ii-helicopter-project

First Impressions are promising - less manic than the Bell 47 but definitely not the on-the-rail experience of the 135/145

(AirlandFS also looks really promising)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 6

Thanks for the H/U super excited for this possibly the best way to "see" MSFS with that lovely field of vision! 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

R44 is out on Flightsim.to now.

https://flightsim.to/file/20566/robinson-r44-raven-ii-helicopter-project

First Impressions are promising - less manic than the Bell 47 but definitely not the on-the-rail experience of the 135/145

(AirlandFS also looks really promising)

I share your view on it. It's a pleasant surprise.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

15 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

I share your view on it. It's a pleasant surprise.

I was hopeful they would deliver something good to fly but while I'm far from an expert the flight model seems really convincing for an initial release.

The visuals and sound aren't quite as good, but are more than good enough and if this version is only 5% complete as they say, I can't wait to see what can be delivered over time.

• Upvote 1

Holy smokes!  The flight model feels fantastic!   @Matchstick I completely agree with your assessment of where this stands between the Bell 47 and H145, right on.   If this bird is only 5% complete then I'm mystified as to what the other 95% is gonna bring.  Granted that not everything in the cockpit seems to be working just yet and I had to use CTRL-E to get her cranked up.    But for an Alpha release this is an incredible start in my opinion.  

I love the flying tips, particularly how it grades your landings. 🤙

fhoGUJK.gif

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I loaded it in the sim. Following instruction ran executable and MSFS CTD. Anyone had this problem?

For an Alpha release this is great.  AirlandFS is going to be a game changer for helis in MSFS.

It seems a little easy to get it into a state of excessive yawing at the moment,(using 100% realism) but that may well be just a lack of practice.  Apart from that the flight model is very good indeed already.  

Looking forward to this project evolving and the other two helis coming from RSP.  Once the RSP H125 is released I can see me retiring the H145 unless they seriously up their fight model game.

Happy days.  The future is looking bright for sim heli pilots.