Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

RSP Robinson R44 Released Wednesday 15 on Flighstim.to

22 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I loaded it in the sim. Following instruction ran executable and MSFS CTD. Anyone had this problem?

Someone was reporting a similar sounding problem on the RSP Discord. Anything helpful in windows event log and do you see the same with the community folder empty apart from the R44 ?

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Someone was reporting a similar sounding problem on the RSP Discord. Anything helpful in windows event log and do you see the same with the community folder empty apart from the R44 ?

I got only this:

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    MoAppCrash
Package Full Name:    Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name:    praid:App
Application Version:    0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:    00000000
Fault Module Name:    FlightSimulator.exe
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0000000000ae038a
OS Version:    10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    ba02
Additional Information 2:    ba02b65d9573bd12a3e832423060aba0
Additional Information 3:    0001
Additional Information 4:    000154b1960e188036478180848b8d94

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    f83e8cb17383b9b6c97866420f11f331 (1835329282060186417)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I loaded it in the sim. Following instruction ran executable and MSFS CTD. Anyone had this problem?

Given my recent experience with MSFS CTD's when some aircraft are dependent on certain control bindings, I'd try making a new plain-vanilla profile for you joystick, throttle and (maybe just to be sure) rudder pedals by duplicating the default profiles and see if that might help.  It seems that it's possible over time to create control bindings that cause conflicts.  Sounds crazy but it fixed a CTD I had with the Husky after SU5.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I'm curious to know how well this freeware version compares to the payware in terms of graphic fidelity, modeling and flight dynamics?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Can't load MFS with the AirLandFS and R44 in the Community folder 😕

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

i tried this but it wouldn't take off. is there a setting to get it off the ground? Is there a brake somewhere?

Later...Wait, i see there are instructions I have to follow I just noticed 

Edited by mikegrr

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I'm curious to know how well this freeware version compares to the payware in terms of graphic fidelity, modeling and flight dynamics?

When you say payware do you mean the Vskylabs R44 for XP ?

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Don't know which payware you're referring to, but it's still fairly basic graphically, modellings is not bad, only had a quick look at it though because.....  far too busy flying it 🙂   Flight dynamics are very good already, as expected considering the source of them.  Way more convincing than the H135/145. in the same ballpark as the Bell47G.

It's only an Alpha version anyway and has months of development before a V1 release. (they reckon it's 5% done 😄 ) I'm absolutely convinced it'll be amazing when finished.

Edited by The Moose

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Can't load MFS with the AirLandFS and R44 in the Community folder 😕

AirLandFS.exe does not go in your community folder.  Leave it inside the R44 folder, which itself does go in your community folder, and make a shortcut to AirLandFS.exe on your desktop.   Then start MFS, start a flight with the R44, and then fire up AirLandFS.exe.  

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

It actually ended up working after moving the AirLandFS out of the R44 folder.

I had already created the link, but it didn't work, and MFS simply took forever to work.

Was finally able to test it... Well, interesting, that's about all I can say :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

20 minutes ago, jcomm said:

It actually ended up working after moving the AirLandFS out of the R44 folder.

I had already created the link, but it didn't work, and MFS simply took forever to work.

Was finally able to test it... Well, interesting, that's about all I can say 😞

Be sure to set the sensitivities n'stuff as per the documentation.  With that, I think its the nicest flying Sim helo I've ever flown.

"That's what" - She

While I got quite good taming the E135 (even using the advanced setting) after some training, there seems to be now way I can get the R44 into the air without toppling over quickly. Settings as suggested.

The flight model must be excellent.🤣

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The only problem I've had with it is after 10-15 min. of flight it just falls out of the sky. Seems like after a period of time something dis-connects it with the flight model program. That's happened on both flights. Reason I think that is because before you start the .exe, it won't fly.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

i sure hope h145 flies like it's on rails compared to a r44 or b47, just as a fbw airbus doesn't fly like a cessna cub.  a modern twin turbine with sas and afcs does not fly like a b47 nor behaves like the fsx dodosim model.  the h145's flight model is pretty decent as it stand now, those who knock it are equating instability with fm accuracy.

glad Fred was able to transfer his great work on HTR to MFS, it definitely improved the flight characteristics of all those Cera models i had in the past.  it was interesting to develop fm profiles for HTR.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I set 60% for flight model....wow very lovely!

51479627172_68110c9070_o.pngr44 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |