Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Rosier

French Alps

For this Saturday flight we shall continue our exploring of the Alps heading west to check out the French Alps . We shall depart Geneva ( LSGG ) and head S to Meythet (LFLP) and the beautiful Haute Savoie City of Annecy. Departing we continue S to Aix-Les-Bains (LFLB) the International airport serving Chambery and surrounding area. Next we head deep into the mountains to Albertville (LFKA) Departing we reverse course to Saint Remy De Maurienne (LFKR) and have a strong coffee in preparation for what lies ahead !...... Departing we head south then UP to the beautiful Ski Resort of L'Alpe d'Huez  (LFHU) landing at the Henri Giraud (sloping runway) Altiport. Departing down the "ski jump" of rwy24 we head deeper into the high alps to land at the pretty (but challenging) grass strip at  Praz Sauge et Pre Vernay Airport (LFTU) After regaining our breath ( and possibly a bit of "y" key action ) we head east and up n over the peaks to the Alpine resort of Val Thorens (LFVL) We leave here and head to another beauty . The alpine resort of Meribel and its lovely sloping runway (LFKX) . Next , as short hop to the one and only Courcheval (LFLJ) "Nick may guide us in here" .  Next a bit of a valley run with a climb to Tignes and the altiport at La Toviere Airport (LFTS) serving Tignes and Val D`Isere . Departing Toviere we head along the valleys with Les Arcs to our left ,continuing past "La Rosiere" resort above Bourg-Saint-Maurice, and continue with a gentle climb up to our destination of Megeve (LFHM)

Flight plans for this   Here

Aircraft recommended for this fight of 220 miles is the Cessna C172 or similar

I`ll fly the Aobo C172 G1000 in Brit Livery Cessna 172 (G1000) UK Livery

Scenery Recommended but not necessarily required

Payware   

LFKX Meribel   from ORBX LFKX Meribel Airport  or In game Marketplace

LFHU Alpe D`Huez from BankAngle Studio Here ( Simmarket)   or here  (BankAngle)

Freeware

lfkr-saint-remy-de-maurienne         LFKR - Saint-Remy-de-Maurienne » Microsoft Flight Simulator

lfka-albertville-airport                     LFKA-Albertville airport » Microsoft Flight Simulator

lfvl-Val Thorens                              Val Thorens Altisurface » Microsoft Flight Simulator

lfvo and lftu                                    Altiport de Valloire bonnenuit LFVO & Altisurface de St Jean d'Arves LFTU » Microsoft Flight Simulator

lfts-la-toviere-val-d-isere               LFTS - La Tovière Val d'Isère » Microsoft Flight Simulator

lsgg Geneva                                 Geneva LSGG Airport (Basic) » Microsoft Flight Simulator 

Windy Things                               Windy Things » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Quick Temporary link to free scenery Here

Recommend Departure time of 15:30pm local

Particulars:

•          Date and time: Wednesday September 18th, 18:00 UTC
  •          Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
  •          Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
  •          MFS Multiplayer: US Eastcoast Server

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked Here ). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

A few more payware, LLH Creations:

Chambery - LFLB http://www.llhinfo.com/lflb_msfs_en.html

Annecy - LFLP http://www.llhinfo.com/lflp_msfs_en.html

Megeve - LFHM http://www.llhinfo.com/lfhm_msfs_en.html

LLH scenery is very good. I owned most of them for P3D, and they're even better in MSFS.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

You had the kids round and they scribbled all over your monitor with yellow crayon and you said "That'll do". Come on, own up. 😣

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

It was the dog Ron !!!! Honest . 

After a chat last night decided to alter this one slightly, both in route and Aircraft possibilities.

We will now be using C172 or similar with a cruise speed around 120 Kts 

Be aware these are normally aspirated so care is required when climbing to altitude

I have amended the flight plan in the OP post and it is also here

Scenery is the same

Regards Bry

• Like 1

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Bry, this revision is absolutely brilliant. The Alpine scenery is beautiful and the altiports are both interesting and fun. (They are very doable in these lightweight aircraft – though of course it is possible to make a mess of a precision landing. I have heard others talk about this...) Perhaps the greatest new challenge is learning how to manage these relatively underpowered aircraft at altitude. (Still trying to figure out how to manage energy – the interaction between power, speed, climb rate, and altitude. Learning about stalls and spins, too.🙄) A tip of the cap to those pilots who live for mountain flying!

Just a terrific event for this Saturday.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Greetings,

Would it be OK with you gents if I tag along with y'all in an XCub? Been looking for an opportunity to try this out and now seems as good a time as any, assuming today's MSFS HotFix works out according to plan.

I have TS3 already set up and am no stranger to online multiplayer flying but haven't experienced it in MSFS yet.  I can insert a new row at the bottom of the attendee spreadsheet and add my name and particulars if that sounds cool.

Erich aka Stoopy

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

We would be delighted to have you along Erich. 

• Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

You'd be most welcome. Look forward to seeing you. (PS It is Saturday, September 18, at 1800 UTC.)

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Thanks Gents!  Seems I'm in the same part of the world as you, @jt_williams, a few miles north of KHEF.  I'll be fueled up and ready to go at 2PM EDT / 1800 UTC tomorrow. 👍 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

An essential piece of equipment is quick access to Y+F4. Especially if you opt for a C172! Sheesh!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

lol.. Ron!!  May be the C172 Classic with vintage Steam Gauges.. (none of that fancy glass in them Alps!!) but maybe there will be a few occurrences of  "Why-F-Fore!!" in these parts!  (Don't mean to disappoint but Yes planning to fly tomorrow so have an eye!!

PS: Please be gentle as us Canuckians are a very distant relative, as in "on the other side of the Atlantic"  but still a very lowly part of the British Empire, I think.. (that is unless we got kicked out of the commonwealth but we weren't informed about it!).

Welcome "Stoopy" ..  don't mind us.. we might be a bit off but we're ok for the most part!!               (maybe)

Looks like a great flight Bry!! 

Norm

• Like 1

Instruction Video for Flying the C172 Out of Courchevel

Here

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

This is a great flight plan Bry but I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to make it - cricket final this time. 

As I won't be on, here are a few notes on the approach to Courchevel:

• Approach the waypoint before the airport at 7,000ft and in a C172, one notch of flaps and 70 knots.
  • Keep as close as you can to the hillside on your left before turning onto the runway centreline.
  • Descend towards the aiming point which is the middle of the grass bank below the runway.  Stiil one notch of flaps and 70 knots in a C172 - you are supposed to be above normal approach speed.
  • The slope of the runway makes it look as though you're too high - don't be tempted to descend too much otherwise it's game over.
  • Flare with nosewheel high due to the slope.
  • Oh, and there's no goaround, just a decision where exactly you want to hit the mountain 🤣

Sorry I won't be there to witness the carnage! 😧

Click here for a reminder what happens if you land too late!

Thanks again for hosting such a great flight and for having me along - nice flying with you all, it was a ton of fun!

5GKGptt.gif

8hkKqTt.gif

S52ow8d.gif

• Like 1

"That's what" - She