Sign in to follow this  
charliearon

SpaceX Inspiration 4 Launch Wednesday

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/spacex-inspiration4-launch-how-to-watch-the-milestone-all-civilian-flight-to-orbit/

Now my question since this is a 3 day orbit of the Earth,  "Where's that damn bathroom?"  I actually made a donation for a chance to become a crew member.  I think they lucked out by me not wining!  I hear flatulence is discouraged in space! 🤔

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 hours ago, charliearon said:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/spacex-inspiration4-launch-how-to-watch-the-milestone-all-civilian-flight-to-orbit/

Now my question since this is a 3 day orbit of the Earth,  "Where's that word not allowed bathroom?"  I actually made a donation for a chance to become a crew member.  I think they lucked out by me not wining!  I hear flatulence is discouraged in space! 🤔

Oh, well I haven't been paying much attention so thought they were docking with ISS.

I guess Dragon usually caries a lot of cargo to the ISS, so as its not doing that there should be plenty of room for a toilet for number one's and number 2's

Either that or they could have a little hatch and if quick enough to avoid depressurisation, open hatch, stick bum out, and then dump number 2's into orbit. Think they would have to be quick though or they'd get very red bum's as the blood vessels expanded.

Actually, remembering back to the state my mouth was in when I once placed a cup over my mouth and sucked very hard, to amuse my daughter, perhaps not a good idea. Our intrepid astronauts would end up with those bums like we see on Chimpanzees at the zoo.

• Like 2

I was kinda thinking they would use diapers like the old Mercury Astronauts.  Or maybe stick a rubber cork where the sun don't shine!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Never mind three days!  What about a future six month flight to Mars with about 5 crew members?  And a return trip of a year and a half.  I guess there would have be a lot of space pollution...

Suspended animation! Almost no metabolism and thus, space pollution problem solved hehehe

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

12 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Suspended animation! Almost no metabolism and thus, space pollution problem solved hehehe

In the context of the replies above, the suspended animation you refer to is known as constipation.

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 2

Got it figured out!  Thank you Lois Lane!  Launch is 5:02 PM PDST here in the States!

37adbbb5157a94851c53bc5dacfae289.jpg

Charlie Aron

" NASA announced on Tuesday that it had awarded five US companies, including Elon Musk's SpaceX and Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin, a total of $146 million in contracts to develop moon-lander designs. The contracts are part of NASA's Artemis program, which aims to send astronauts back to the moon by 2024.

SpaceX received a contract worth $9.4 million, while Blue Origin got a contract worth $25.6 million, according to NASA's statement. The project will take place over the next 15 months, according to NASA. The other awards included a $40.8 million contract for Dynetics, a $35.2 million contract for Lockheed Martin, and a $34.8 million contract for Northrop Grumman, NASA said."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most or all of these companies are not pleased with these low numbers of dollars!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Ah!  The answer to the 💩 question.  A glass-dome potty!

60dccc80cad1220011caf59d.jpeg

Charlie Aron

That glass dome must give the Inspiration 4 crew one hell of a view :cool:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Live streaming started again about 15 minutes ago.  the video about 12 minutes in was showing live footage of the 'nauts.

spacer.png

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:58 AM, Christopher Low said:

That glass dome must give the Inspiration 4 crew one hell of a view

That's how they navigate!

I was the luckiest kid in the world. Right across the street was what my parents called a junkyard. (Zoning wasn't a thing in those days.) It had what lawyers call "an attractive nuisance" in the form of a DC-3 with a dome. It did not have wings, but, still... Looking back, I can't even imagine the story behind that, but I can well remember being baffled at why my parents were not as thrilled as I was.