Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Taburet uk and ireland roads

Looks pretty decent, I see they have coverage for other regions in the world as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, knich said:

Yeah..I have it for NE USA and it is excellent.  Just saw that he has rest of US covered now too.  

Just wish he would bundle these for one price. 

That's good, Ill give the West USA and UK a go.  Also just seen he has a water addon too that adds tens of thousands of smaller streams to the UK!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Downloaded and tried the UK and Ireland roads.

Roads are well defined, but there is absolutely NO traffic (cars or trucks) on the roads anywhere.

Anyone else notice this ?? 

10 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Roads are well defined, but there is absolutely NO traffic (cars or trucks) on the roads anywhere.

Anyone else notice this ?? 

I installed the West USA area and did see cars sporadically, but there were times no cars were seen.   

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I also installed roads and rail for Germany, and did see the occasional car, but defiantly no ground traffic in the UK or Ireland.

Strange..... 

pretty steep price tag for some roads… I can only hope that this kind of mods use published APIs. if not, there will be again huge complains as soon as Asobo changes it’s format in an upcoming update. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

A reboot seems to have cleared the problem. Now seeing road traffic 🙂

Yep, I see road traffic.

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

53 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

I also installed roads and rail for Germany,

Would you recommend these then? Are the roads smooth and rounded and follow the ortho roads underneath well?

Very interested in getting both these packs and also the one for Switzerland /Austria as these are 5 countries I primarily fly in. 

Edited by saifs

20 minutes ago, urthgental said:

pretty steep price tag for some roads… I can only hope that this kind of mods use published APIs. if not, there will be again huge complains as soon as Asobo changes it’s format in an upcoming update. 

Exactly my concerns. Steep price tag and the feeling that it's not going to work when the next su/wu comes along. 

Edit : couldn't resist it and bought the UK Ireland pack. 🍀🇬🇧

Edited by saifs

Had a look at it but from the images I felt the roads stood out from the terrain a little too much. Not sure if that was just the pics I saw, but it stopped me from pulling the trigger on it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I don't really see the benefits of this payware unless you are flying in offline mode with no streamed scenery. The roads are already there in the orthography (Bing mapping imagery) as they would be in real life, and the more significant ones already have moving vehicles on them. Doesn't seem to make street lighting of the roads more realistic.

Roads appearing on the Garmins (if I have understood correctly) is handy for VFR navigation, but £15 for some imported free OSM data to appear on a cockpit display, no thanks. The FSX Garmin trainers (from various developers) included roads (along with labelling for the busier ones), rivers and place names, and I expect that WT NXI may be able to incorporate this for free at some point since the data is already somewhere in the sim.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg