Sign in to follow this  
Noel

If you run MSFS locked at 30fps w/ Vsync on please respond.

If you run MSFS locked at 30fps w/ Vsync on...  

96 members have voted

1. 1. If you run MSFS locked at 30fps w/ Vsync on, do you find it fluid and stutter-free now, post WU6?

• Yes, I find it fluid and stutter-free to a high level and I'd rather have the greater graphic complexity and processing overhead that the lower frame lock affords.
    • I like chocolate or vanilla ice cream

For some reason I cannot lock the FPS @30, I always have 40 FPS, also when locked with V-sinc. Does anyone have an idea what's going on in this case?

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

13 minutes ago, robcap said:

For some reason I cannot lock the FPS @30, I always have 40 FPS, also when locked with V-sinc. Does anyone have an idea what's going on in this case?

Have you read through the topic Rob?

It sounds like you have an odd 80Hz screen. 

Please just read back and all will be clear.🙂

Check your screen Hz and set to 60Hz or 120Hz if you can.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Same question over and over again. 🙂

For what it's worth: I usually run with 30 fps at 4k and it feels perfectly smooth. Still, 60 fps at 1440p feels a bit more fluid and is very nice when flying fast and low with the Spitfire for example.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 2

Ok, so you are "over and out" in the thread where people are disagreeing with you so you start a new thread with a poll no less to try and validate your own position.  What a pathetic showing.  Here, agree with me or choose a ridiculous non related option.  What a joke.  You are so scared of being wrong you can't even post a valid poll to have an actual conversation.  It's either agree with me or eat ice cream.  Fine, I'll eat ice cream.  What a poor showing.  

1. 1. If you run MSFS locked at 30fps w/ Vsync on, do you find it fluid and stutter-free now, post WU6?

• Yes, I find it fluid and stutter-free to a high level and I'd rather have the greater graphic complexity and processing overhead that the lower frame lock affords.
Edited by psolk
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 hours ago, fppilot said:

So is this about bragging rites on specs and frame rates, or about reasonable flight simulation?

It's about Noel trying to be right and convince people 30 FPS is the same as 60FPS and no one can see a difference because that's what he thinks.  He couldn't do it in the other topic so he started his own to make himself feel better I guess...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

So 🤥 i run my 4K@70% at 25HZ and VSYNC/ON 60FPS in sim and it feels rather smooth.

Why is that btw ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

So 🤥 i run my 4K@70% at 25HZ and VSYNC/ON 60FPS in sim and it feels rather smooth.

Why is that btw ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

E59228-ED-607-D-4828-B4-AA-1637-A61-B628

25hz? What on earth. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, psolk said:

It's about Noel trying to be right and convince people 30 FPS is the same as 60FPS and no one can see a difference because that's what he thinks.  He couldn't do it in the other topic so he started his own to make himself feel better I guess...

No, it's about countering the claim by people like you that higher frame rates are what is required for smooth, stutter-free flight, when I don't believe that is the case.  Many people arrive into forums like this and begin drinking the koolaid spewed by people like yourself w/o knowing that there is a substantial price to pay in processing overhead, reduction in detail, and so forth.  Now you're just trying to counter this once again and soon you'll be challenging the many people who have already responded in the affirmative that they need to go buy TrackIR so they can see they no longer have smooth, stutter-free flight :laugh:

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Have you read through the topic Rob?

It sounds like you have an odd 80Hz screen. 

Please just read back and all will be clear.🙂

Check your screen Hz and set to 60Hz or 120Hz if you can.

Ah thanks, I did read it, but this info didn't sink in for some reason. I will check my refresh rate.

Thing is though, it doesn't seem 'locked' @40 FPS. It still fluctuates around that number.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

7 minutes ago, Noel said:

Many people arrive into forums like this and begin drinking the koolaid spewed by people like yourself w/o knowing that there is a substantial price to pay in processing overhead

The only price they have to pay is stumbling across a chap like you. And if anyone has been drinking koolaid, you must supplied it! 

1 hour ago, psolk said:

Ok, so you are "over and out" in the thread where people are disagreeing with you so you start a new thread with a poll no less to try and validate your own position.  What a pathetic showing.  Here, agree with me or choose a ridiculous non related option.  What a joke.  You are so scared of being wrong you can't even post a valid poll to have an actual conversation.  It's either agree with me or eat ice cream.  Fine, I'll eat ice cream.  What a poor showing.  

You've now degraded into ad hominem--not surprised because you have no argument when others indeed find the 30FPS experience amply satisfying.  

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Just now, Noel said:

You've now degraded into ad hominem--not surprised because you have no argument when others indeed find the 30FPS experience amply satisfying.  

Holy ***+! You’re a hypocritical, nonsense talking, unbelievable person. Block list. Bye. 

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

No, it's about countering the claim by people like you that higher frame rates are what is required for smooth, stutter-free flight, when I don't believe that is the case. 

And you are trying to prove this with the most disingenuous poll phrasing you could come up with? What's wrong with a simple

a) I prefer 30 fps

b) I prefer 60 fps

Seems more straighforward, doesn't it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

No, it's about countering the claim by people like you that higher frame rates are what is required for smooth, stutter-free flight, when I don't believe that is the case.  Many people arrive into forums like this and begin drinking the koolaid spewed by people like yourself w/o knowing that there is a substantial price to pay in processing overhead, reduction in detail, and so forth.  Now you're just trying to counter this once again and soon you'll be challenging the many people who have already responded in the affirmative that they need to go buy TrackIR so they can see they no longer have smooth, stutter-free flight :laugh:

So it's about your point of view being right.  Look, some people are happy at 30, others see a visual difference between 30 and 60, you seem to think that's snake oil and no one questioned that there is more overhead and in some instances you have to turn down setting "if" your choice is 60FPS @60Hz.    You are just going on and on about how that point of view is wrong or "spewing kool aid" which is quite a load of nonsense.  Geez Noel..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

Not about Ad-Hominem it's about calling out the senseless pointless options you listed to try and get the affirmation you are now using b/c 20 people agreed with you.  Quite sad really  What's more telling is almost half preferred ice cream... 

Edited by psolk
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk