Sign in to follow this  
Noel

If you run MSFS locked at 30fps w/ Vsync on please respond.

If you run MSFS locked at 30fps w/ Vsync on...  

96 members have voted

1. 1. If you run MSFS locked at 30fps w/ Vsync on, do you find it fluid and stutter-free now, post WU6?

• Yes, I find it fluid and stutter-free to a high level and I'd rather have the greater graphic complexity and processing overhead that the lower frame lock affords.
    • I like chocolate or vanilla ice cream

6 minutes ago, psolk said:

So it's about your point of view being right. 

Let me change directions in order to try to keep this thread open as I think you're working hard to try to get it shut it down.

Paul, thank you kindly for offering up different points of view that are certainly very valid.   Keep up the good work of letting others know 60FPS is really the best approach, and surely it is for at least some folks.

Cheers and thanks again for your well thought thru contributions!

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

You've now degraded into ad hominem--not surprised because you have no argument when others indeed find the 30FPS experience amply satisfying.  

I could actually care less that some prefer it, I'm happy for "them" that is not "my personal experience" yet you persist in telling me that my personal experience is wrong and anyone else who sees the same difference is wrong due to your own personal non-blind experiment.  Not sure why you are SO hell bent on proving yourself right and seeking such desperate affirmation from others.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 minutes ago, psolk said:

I could actually care less that some prefer it, I'm happy for "them" that is not "my personal experience" yet you persist in telling me that my personal experience is wrong and anyone else who sees the same difference is wrong due to your own personal non-blind experiment.  Not sure why you are SO hell bent on proving yourself right and seeking such desperate affirmation from others.

Could be a fragile ego? 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, psolk said:

Thank you Paul for your astute contributions--great to have you here in this thread!  Enjoy your day and flight straight!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

Oh I see Paul you have no need to have last words, and you just stumbled into this discussion with more ad hominem.  Right keep telling yourself that.

I'm going to place you on ignore for both our sakes Noel.  Not sure what your personal issue is, my position is with your posts and insistence that you are right, your issue at this point is with me.  Have a wonderful day.  Funny, almost 50% of the respondents would choose ice cream over your other polling option... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Could be a fragile ego? 

He just felt he was not doing so well in the debate in the other topic so..he start a new one and..

"There is a processing penalty the higher the FPS lock is set everyone should agree"

Its funny 😄

The next Topic will be "you have to agree with me"

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Sounds like a smart idea Paul.  Best Wishes.

Noel

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

He just felt he was not doing so well in the debate in the other topic so..he start a new one and..

"There is a processing penalty the higher the FPS lock is set everyone should agree"

Its funny 😄

The next Topic will be "you have to agree with me"

That is funny Dave!  Actually, there was no debate here until you, Paulie and Ian arrived to try create another one.  But you're welcome here even if ad hominem is the best you can do.  Ian was already on ignore, but I think Paulie's right it's time to put the rest of you three there as well because well, you followed me into this thread in order to create more discord, and we don't want discord here at Avsim.  Cheers  and truly--enjoy the rest of your day over in the beautiful UK 🤣.

Noel

40 minutes ago, Noel said:

That is funny Dave!  Actually, there was no debate here until you, Paulie and Ian arrived to try create another one.  But you're welcome here even if ad hominem is the best you can do.  Ian was already on ignore, but I think Paulie's right it's time to put the rest of you three there as well because well, you followed me into this thread in order to create more discord, and we don't want discord here at Avsim.  Cheers  and truly--enjoy the rest of your day over in the beautiful UK 🤣.

My name is Paul, not Paulie. It has never been Paulie nor did I ask you to call me Paulie.  

Sitting there talking about ad-hominem attacks on you while you call people names.  And don't do your ego any favors, you decided to halt the discussion in the other thread as it wasn't going particularly well and then start another thread with an absolutely pointless nonsense poll so the "conversation" carried over to your next attempt to validate yourself.  The only one making about individuals is you... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Sorry I dissagre with you on 30 FPS, you just keep adding people to ingore that dont agree. LOL

You better add the people who agree with me Ian and Paul...boy that list is getting long....lol

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

There you go. Full day at work and then having a good laugh cause the troll is being fed again. 

Yeah. 30 FPS > all. 

A whole new thread including a poll just to backup your insane claims? Ok 😄

Whole new level  

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, swiesma said:

There you go. Full day at work and then having a good laugh cause the troll is being fed again. 

Yeah. 30 FPS > all. 

A whole new thread including a poll just to backup your insane claims? Ok 😄

Whole new level  

😄

Thats you on the ignore list 🤣

• Like 1

My monitor is 60 Hz (no G-Sync). With my preferred graphics and LOD settings I can't reach 60 fps constantly, not even close, except in some rural areas with no mountains. Vsync Off gives me 45-50+ fps but suffers in stutters here and then. Vsync ON and locked at 30 gives me the most "fluid" experience in terms of quality and usability. With "normal" flying I don't see much disadvantages but I agree, on ground and at very low altitude, quick changes of visual field or sharp turns clearly show the limits of a 30 fps lock. On higher altitude without hectic movements, 30 fps seems good enough for me. It is as it is, striving for high quality simming has always been a compromise.

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

The sooner this thread dies, the better. Please for the love of God can a moderator do us all a favour and put it out its misery and delete the whole sorry affair.

A poll with only one real option? Really? Talk about trolling!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

37 minutes ago, Nemo said:

My monitor is 60 Hz (no G-Sync). With my preferred graphics and LOD settings I can't reach 60 fps constantly, not even close, except in some rural areas with no mountains. Vsync Off gives me 45-50+ fps but suffers in stutters here and then. Vsync ON and locked at 30 gives me the most "fluid" experience in terms of quality and usability. With "normal" flying I don't see much disadvantages but I agree, on ground and at very low altitude, quick changes of visual field or sharp turns clearly show the limits of a 30 fps lock. On higher altitude without hectic movements, 30 fps seems good enough for me. It is as it is, striving for high quality simming has always been a compromise.

You should try g-Sync if you get the chance.