Sign in to follow this  
Guest iwantmydc3

FSX, Vista and Aero

Hi, I am running Vista Home Premium and have installed FSX. I get a message when starting that it is incompatible with Aero. Has anyone else had this problem?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Are you running FSX in a window. Back on the beta for both FSX and Vista, I seem to remember that FSX will not run in a window on Vista, due to the demands of Aero. You may want to try turning it off and seeing what happens.

Ok, so it's not just me, thanks. I have the 64-bit version ready to be loaded, I wonder whether I should take the plunge :(

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've had a few games do this so far. Interestingly, they are all under the Games for Windows branding.It makes sense too. Aero is run as a DirectX9 3D app on your desktop. When running a 3D game, there's no reason why you would want the desktop taking up video card resources any more than you have to.That being said, I'm not a fan of the Vista Basic layout at all. :(

The Games Explorer thing actually downloads compatibility data for the game from MS, which is why it automatically disables Aero for certain things etc...I'm able to play World of Warcraft for instance in a window with Aero enabled just fine though - it's crazy to see it keep running when you use Flip 3D, try it!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>The Games Explorer thing actually downloads compatibility>data for the game from MS, which is why it automatically>disables Aero for certain things etc...>>I'm able to play World of Warcraft for instance in a window>with Aero enabled just fine though - it's crazy to see it keep>running when you use Flip 3D, try it!That would require me to renew my WoW account, and I value my time too much for that :(Although, the armory is cool. I've been tearing it apart to make a dynamic sig image that displays character info from there.

Guest FxF3

Yep me 2. I think like others have said it disables Aero on the fly.:) All I can say is I love Vista. After seeing all the post trashing Vista. My experince has been nothing but wonderful. Never have I been more pleased with an OS so far.:-jumpy

Guest jmendes

Hi,I've been running Vista Home Premium 64-bit with FSX for a few weeks. Everything works just great. ATI has updated 64-bit Vista drivers. Very happy with everything.~ Jim

Guest iwantmydc3

I don't know that much about Vista yet, but maybe you can set the "properties" to run FSX in "emulation" e.g. in an XP session, so that way it could be either windowed or full screen.