Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

MSFS Freeware: New York City Landmarks

Edpatino's New York City Landmarks

Gives an visual effect similar to Samscenes payware offering, but for free. Note! Also is a PG-only release, as these structures conflict with non-pg buildings.

Landmarks of New York City (Manhattan and Queens)

Welcome to New York, probably the most impressive city in the world. After commemorating the sad events of September 11, 2001, I intended to build this scenario of landmarks for myself, but then decided to share it with the community.

For the sheer number of buildings that exist in this fabulous city, I've only included 25 iconic buildings in this collection of landmarks. I know I am missing too many, but I just wanted to pay tribute to this city and its people and the United States in general, for its strength in those difficult times twenty years ago.

I include some sporting landmarks in Queens and also the old Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. You'll find the two main tennis stadiums at the Billy Jean King USTA Complex in Flushing, Queens, the Arthur Ashe and Louis Armstrong stadiums, both just before they were retrofitted with retractable roofs a few years ago. It is the site of the US Open, the fourth of the four major tennis tournaments in the world, which was held recently from August 30 to September 12.

BUILDINGS / LANDMARKS INCLUDED:
+ One World Trade Center
+ Old Yankee Stadium
+ Ravenswood Power Plant
+ Arthur Ashe Stadium
+ Louis Armstrong Stadium
+ Queens Zoo
+ Queens Center Mall
+ Unisphere at USTA facilities
+ 53 West Building 53
+ 432 Park Ave Building
+ Chrysler Building
+ Citigroup Center
+ Empire State Building
+ Flatiron Building
+ Hearst Tower
+ Madison Square Garden
+ Metlife Building
+ NY Times Building
+ The Plaza Hotel
+ Radio City Hall
+ Times Square
+ The Waldorf Astoria Hotel
+ 220 Central Park South Building
+ Central Park Tower
+ Woolworth Tower residences

Please take a look at the ReadMe file included in the download, as it contains further information regarding Credits, Installation Instructions, Dependencies and other useful recommendations.

And... last but not least, it is highly recommended to install these other landmarks for the city (my photos are taken with this addon installed), from @VFXSimmer:

https://flightsim.to/file/187/hudson-yards-new-york

If someone have access to more building models not included in this package, please share the information with me and I'll be glad to add them in a next update.

new-york-city-landmarks-73UzW.jpg?width=

new-york-city-landmarks-gvEil.jpg?width=

new-york-city-landmarks-f4ZdF.jpg?width=

new-york-city-landmarks-Mqs_5.jpg?width=

new-york-city-landmarks-EQOlJ.jpg?width=

new-york-city-landmarks-B7zS8.jpg?width=

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I guess then that 'Hudson Landmarks' still works ok, it was made long ago?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

20 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I guess then that 'Hudson Landmarks' still works ok, it was made long ago?

It still works on my machine (as of WU6) but as the author, I'll do a proper recompile this weekend and reupload to flightsim.to.   I'll also recompile my Yosemite stuff as well.  I hope to be able to get back to work on Yosemite sometime in the future - real life work demands are getting in the way... 😞

Edited by VFXSimmer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Made by our own @edpatino 

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

I wasn't certain.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Thanks Ryan, and welcome to NYC!.

• Like 12

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

13 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I wasn't certain.

Also, thanks to Devon for posting!.

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

21 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks Ryan, and welcome to NYC!.

You little devil Ed!    I had no idea you had mad skillz (as the kids say nowadays) in the ways of MSFS scenery design LOL.

As a native Ney Yorker (well...I was born there and spent many summers there with Grandparents), I will very much enjoy this scenery. 

I try to accommodate fellow freeware contributors in the best way I can...which is with my "mad skillz" in aircraft painting, LOL.   If you happen to be a PMDG DC-6 owner, and have a livery that is not done yet you'd like to see (although there are already over 200 of them on flightsim.to), let me know and I'll see what I can do. 😉

1 hour ago, VFXSimmer said:

I'll also recompile my Yosemite stuff as well.  I hope to be able to get back to work on Yosemite sometime in the future - real life work demands are getting in the way.

Can't wait for that!  Real life work demands....no truer words have ever been spoken.  If I could find a way to make aircraft painting pay as much as my real job...I'd be there.

The same offer I made Ed regarding the DC-6 applies to you as well. 😉 

Click the link in my sig to see the paints I've done already.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

19 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

You little devil Ed!    I had no idea you had mad skillz (as the kids say nowadays) in the ways of MSFS scenery design LOL.

As a native Ney Yorker (well...I was born there and spent many summers there with Grandparents), I will very much enjoy this scenery. 

I try to accommodate fellow freeware contributors in the best way I can...which is with my "mad skillz" in aircraft painting, LOL.   If you happen to be a PMDG DC-6 owner, and have a livery that is not done yet you'd like to see (although there are already over 200 of them on flightsim.to), let me know and I'll see what I can do. 😉

Hi Steve, LOL!.

I like PMDG a lot, but the DC-6 is not my cup of coffee, you know, matter of taste. Instead, I'd take your offer (and thanks for that) for any of your goods DA-62 or DA-40NG, or maybe the Cirrus SR22, which is my preferred little aircraft.

PD: Forgot to make the request to your kind offering. Talking about the Cirrus, would it be possible a greenish color with a Venezuelan flag and a fixed registration YV-1054 (my birth month and year)?.

Thanks again and take care!

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

Excellent work on this! Could you possibly do more cities? Do you take requests?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Excellent work on this! Could you possibly do more cities? Do you take requests?

Thanks!. As for the requests, time is, as always, very limited, but I'm planning to add some more buildings to NYC in an upcoming update next week, probably a dozen more, it would all depend on the quality of the available freeware 3D models.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

7 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Wow Ed thanks Pal looks awesome 🙂 

A votre service, mon ami...!

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 2

Cheers, Ed

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

I like PMDG a lot, but the DC-6 is not my cup of coffee, you know, matter of taste.

I was the same way....but this masterpiece won me over the more I flew her.  Now I find (like a lot of converts) that its almost the only plane I fly when given the chance.  One of the things that is just an "Ahh ha" moment for me is when you've trimmed her for cruise, flipped the gyro-pilot on, then start pulling the throttles and especially the prop pitch to get that 2100 rpm "hummmmmmmmmmmm" you'll be listening to for the rest of the cruise from those 4 huge 18 cylinder radials....closing the cowl flaps to 0 (which actually gains you a few knots...such detail in the flight and systems models), making sure you carefully watch the cylinder head and oil temps...seeing #3 a little high, so you pop the cowl to 2-4% to cool her down, then check the maint. manager app on the iPad to your left and kick yourself for not noticing #3's oil was low and you forgot to top off before flight...so she'll be running hot and wasting fuel!  1st thing you'll do when you land! Hehe

Its that kind of detail that sucks you in during the flight...and when you're bold enough to fly her in bad weather and low viz....getting her lined up on the ILS and rotating the gyro-pilot selector knob to "Approach"...watching a 60+ year-old bird fly an automated ILS approach is a site to behold when you see those RAIL strobes appear thru the mist just above decision height. 🙂 🙂 ...But you better have her very well stabilized on the needles before you rotate that switch...she can do it...but she needs to be almost hands off stabilized before she'll impress you with a hand's off approach. 🙂  She is 60 after all, LOL.

17 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I'd take your offer (and thanks for that) for any of your goods DA-62 or DA-40NG, or maybe the Cirrus SR22, which is my preferred little aircraft.

Sadly I'm not well versed in the ways of default MSFS aircraft....the best I ever did long ago was play with the paint "chips" that come with the planes, and could never figure out how to package them with all the jsons and stuff.  Anyone with the free paint.net could whip out a paint using the chips in the existing folders, changing the colors. 😉 Of course you're going to overwrite that paint (but you've backed it up naturally.)
Maybe one day I'll try my hand at default  aircraft, but there are so many painting them now...and beautifully (looking at you @ryanbatcund) ;)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg