Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Flightsim.to - (is) Removing SU5 Incompatible Mods

This is very good news, imo.    It means content creators need to update their content or watch it get removed,  and for end users it means the last chance to download some particular content.    If you see something you want and know how to fix it,  might as well DL it before it disappears.  Might be your last chance.

Source: https://news.flightsim.to/removing-uncompatible-sim-update-5-mods/

On July 28th, Microsoft Flight Simulator's Sim Update 5 was released. Some of the introduced changes also affected the way liveries or several add-ons work in-game. As a result, some liveries are currently no longer compatible with the latest version of the game, i.e. have malfunctions or misrepresentations. For this reason, we already added a new compatibility feature last month, which allows users to see if an add-on is compatible with the current sim version before actually downloading it.

Meanwhile, almost 3 months have passed since Sim Update 5 launched. And while fortunately many creators have responded promptly and updated their add-ons to be compatible with the latest version, there are still some add-ons on our platform that are yet incompatible. We would like to encourage these creators to update their uploaded add-ons to work with Sim Update 5 by September 20th, 2021 at the latest. After all, no one benefits from having broken add-ons on the platform. We consider the tolerance period of three months sufficient enough to do these changes, as they are really minor in most cases anyway.

Creators: Please double-check your liveries

Since Sim Update 5, especially liveries for the following aircraft have been reported to be not working anymore, as they show pink textures on the wings:

Boeing 787

Boeing 747

Asobo A320

FBW A32NX

Citation CJ4

For the aircraft above, all you need to do is fix the texture.cfg file of your package. Rifle88 has launched a tool which will do the work for you in a few seconds, so you just need to replace the old texture.cfg with the new one. After replacing the broken file, upload and update the new package to Flightsim.to. That's it, and everyone can use your liveries again!

What happens to incompatible add-ons after September 20th?

Basically, we will disable all incompatible add-ons after September 20th, 2021 as it doesn't make sense to provide broken add-ons. That said, any add-ons or mods that don't work after September 20th, 2021 will be disabled. Creators will then have until December 31, 2021 to submit them for reactivation if they have been updated later. If nothing happens by January 1st, 2021, we will permanently remove these add-ons from the platform.

There are exceptions

At Flightsim.to's sole discretion, we reserve the right to update incompatible add-ons that have not been updated by September 20th, 2021 ourselves, to make them compatible with Sim Update 5. We will make these minor adjustments for very popular and in high demand add-ons that enrich the community to be able to continue our services, unless (a) the creator has made his add-on compatible by September 20th, 2012 himself, (b) decides to delete his add-on or (c) expressly informs us that he does not want us to update his file. This procedure goes hand in hand with our terms of use, section 4.1.

While only a very small fraction of add-ons are currently affected (< 1%), we still want all add-ons offered by Flightsim.to to work properly, so that users no longer have to worry about compatibility anymore. Most likely, this procedure will also apply to all future Sim updates that affect the compatibility of add-ons - we will of course ensure that creators will have more than enough time to react to required changes in the future as well.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Meh.  My Mooney paints still work but are tagged as inop.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

56 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Meh.

Me too. Have you had anyone complain? I thought not. Me neither.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Very good decision, it makes it easier for us users.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Meh.  My Mooney paints still work but are tagged as inop.

And you're the one to tag them as compatible, right?

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I found the tool very unhelpful, there are no directions on what to do and no indicator of any action as what was done.  Not really usable for the general user but it may help the original painters.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

6 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

And you're the one to tag them as compatible, right?

I have no idea how to.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

'All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.'  :sad:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

'All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.'  :sad:

Blade Runner?

Anyway, things move so fast today.  Here today, gone tomorrow.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, Mace said:

Blade Runner?

Yes, bang on!

The problem with the deletions is that you then lose the comments underneath, which can contain some important history of development of the mod, and where some people ask the mod author to update the mod. 

I am sure some authors use this comments section to gauge the interest level to see if it is worth updating the mod for SU5 etc.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, bang on!

My head is still full of useless knowledge.  "If only I could monetize this", I lament.

• Like 4

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Love this move.   I hate seeing the big red "Compatibility with SU5 has not been assured" flag on so many items, and won't touch them with a barge pole.  

I sympathize with anyone that has contributions on there that will be lost, but surely there must be a process to check / have checked your work, to change to the green "SU5 ok" flag?

• Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I've downloaded a fair few items that have the red banner on them. To date, I've I've only found one that has caused a (minor) issue.

For a mod that works fine for me, I make sure to tick the "thumbs up" icon for compatibility so other users are aware that at least one person has tried it and doesn't have a problem. I'll also try and remember to leave a comment as well. If someone creates a free package that I enjoy, the least I can do is thank them.

I hope they're not just going to blanket-remove every package on there that is in red. After all, it only signifies that it hasn't been verified by the author that it works in SU5. It doesn't mean that the mod will definitely cause issues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JYW said:

Love this move.   I hate seeing the big red "Compatibility with SU5 has not been assured" flag on so many items, and won't touch them with a barge pole.  

I sympathize with anyone that has contributions on there that will be lost, but surely there must be a process to check / have checked your work, to change to the green "SU5 ok" flag?

gah.  Sorry for being so grumpy.  If I have some spare time I'll try to fix a few of my liveries.  They need a simple panel.cfg tweak.  Just saying that a lot of the scenery items are marked in red and are working great for me.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |