Sign in to follow this  
kpop1364

Remove virtual cockpit

There is no officially supported way yet (the home cockpit setting in the menu doesn't work), but there are a few pseudo-solutions at the official forum. Here is what I use at present:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/forward-view-no-instrument-solution-plus-walkaround-for-every-plane/197291

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I may not be correct in all this, but...

1) Path for Steam installation caching of cameras.cfg after a flight:

C:\Users\your ID\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes

2) You might want to set properties to read only for the cameras.cfg cache files there (in order to save your created custom views).

3) There has been a bug for many months now, and threads in this forum about it, see below.

In using ctl alt 0 / alt 0 custom view system: if you move to external camera and then back to cockpit camera, you will find that for this current flight you have lost the alt 0 cockpit view that you created. => But apparently this bug is NOT there if you use ctl alt 1 and alt 1, or ctl alt 2 and alt 2, etc.

The only workaround I know is to just never use external camera if you don't want to lose using your created custom alt 0 view during this current flight.

Or maybe someone knows how to get around this, or they don't have this bug in their MSFS.

In my opinion, the better workaround is using ctl alt 1 and alt 1 (or 2,3, etc.). And to back up your camera.cfg cached files in either:

steam

C:\Users\(your ID\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes

---------------

ms store

C:\Users"Your ID"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes

And thanks, Michael, I did not know of this method until testing it tonight with both the A320 default plane and the the little addon Cessna 140.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The even better solution would, of course, be if Asobo made the menu entry working - finally. This shouldn't be rocket science, me thinks.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 minutes ago, kpop1364 said:

I can’t understand why Asobo can’t have a selection for an outside view without the cockpit

Because you don´t have to got a one to one Homecockpit from a 737 or A320 and a lot of fun with,

you have to sit at your fathers couch playing X-Box with a controller on the Livingroom TV, 10 Minutes before the World Series began 🤣

Stephan from Germany

My System

Somebody in the tower help me land!!! I do have a ballgame to watch!!!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I’m just talking about the possibility of having a single setting available. Thanks for the pleasant conversation. 

3 hours ago, kpop1364 said:

I’m just talking about the possibility of having a single setting available. Thanks for the pleasant conversation. 

Don't feel bad, you had a legitimate question.  I have no idea what the previous two responses to your latest one were even talking about.

4 hours ago, sal9000 said:

Because you don´t have to got a one to one Homecockpit from a 737 or A320 and a lot of fun with,

you have to sit at your fathers couch playing X-Box with a controller on the Livingroom TV, 10 Minutes before the World Series began 🤣

🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 hours ago, kpop1364 said:

Thanks for the pleasant conversation. 

Don´t worry, we sitting in the same vessel and I ask this at the first day.

Stephan from Germany

My System

Thanks guys. That doesn’t bother me. 
lm hoping that someone or Asobo will help with this. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for. 

On 9/15/2021 at 5:45 AM, pmb said:

The even better solution would, of course, be if Asobo made the menu entry working - finally. This shouldn't be rocket science, me thinks.

Kind regards, Michael

Would making a livery for the plane with all the plane and VC textures transparent work?

James