Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Line

It's been there from day one. Developers know about it an said it will be very hard to fix so not a priority at this time. 

• Like 3

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

It's been there from day one. Developers know about it an said it will be very hard to fix so not a priority at this time. 

thanks, after i posted this i discovered another thread talking about how it's been a bug from day 1. i went over to the msfs forums and added my vote to fix it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

thanks, after i posted this i discovered another thread talking about how it's been a bug from day 1. i went over to the msfs forums and added my vote to fix it

I notice it tends to be most visible at sunrise and sunset, and when flying in the mountains, which is unfortunate, as that is a lovely time and place to fly.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yep it's been there from day 1 of FSX. 

That was in October 2006.

Now 15 years later nobody has fixed it. Apparently it's difficult.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

"too deep in the code" or some such rubbish they said during a Q&A, sounds like they can't be bothered and/or haven't bothered to look how to fix what is a massive immersion killer and blatant issue.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

36 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Now 15 years later nobody has fixed it. Apparently it's difficult.

Apparently, yes.  Not being a graphics expert I just don't know.  And apparently, the move to DX12 isn't guaranteed to fix it either!  😕  (Actually, I wonder if Xbox users see it?)

Does anybody know of any other titles that have this problem?  (Other than sims with the same graphics engine - FSX/P3D).

It is not the biggest issue with the sim though. I would think the spinning white circle lower right is more of a distraction.

So I place it fairly low compared to other issues, and just look at it as having a nice big backup artificial horizon! :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The first time I saw this line was yesterday. Never knew this existed since fsx

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, devgrp said:

And now you can't unsee it 😞   In hindsight I bet you wish you never read this post!

There is much to the phrase "Ignorance is bliss" 🙂

I'll bet you never also noticed in MSFS that when you tilt your view 45 degrees in drone mode you'll see a .....uhhhhhhhhhhh...never mind. 🤣

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

And now you can't unsee it 😞   In hindsight I bet you wish you never read this post!

There is much to the phrase "Ignorance is bliss" 🙂

I'll be you never also noticed in MSFS that when you tilt your view 45 degrees in drone mode you'll see a .....uhhhhhhhhhhh...never mind. 🤣

And then there are the "trees"    😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And then there are the "trees"    😉

Until they are fixed, I just fly in the desert or over water until then. 🙂 

JK but using a relational pun....I see the "forest for the trees" and can only hope we get to a point where they can fix items A,B,C without whacking X,Y,Z.  Right now its "lets celebrate the things they addressed, and tolerate the things they broke in the process, until they can reach equilibrium with their update methodology". 🤔

I have far less years left on this planet ahead of me than behind me, I hope I get to see a fixed ABC, broke nothing release before I move on. 🙂 
Not complaining and generally very happy with what we have....I just want to be able to be excited about an update without the concern of what we'll have to wait for the next release for them to re-fix.

Edited by Steve Dra
ghrammour (English speeling, hehe)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

I just looked back through about 10 screenies I captured this past weekend, during sunrise over the Cascade mountain range in central Oregon and I cannot find the line in any of them.
Columbia%20Gorge-X2.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

37 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I just looked back through about 10 screenies I captured this past weekend, during sunrise over the Cascade mountain range in central Oregon and I cannot find the line in any of them.
Columbia%20Gorge-X2.jpg

That is because it cuts across the centre of the screen at the halfway point, and tilts depending on the angle of the camera.  It is basically like a big artificial horizon line.

However, it doesn't really show against the sky, only the landscape so if the landscape is half way up your photo, you will see it cut across. 
If it is mainly sky like yours (great photo by the way), then you won't see it.

If you compare you photo to the OP's, you will see what I mean.

42 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Columbia%20Gorge-X2.jpg

maybe because you're too high? I was quite low behind mountains when I saw it appear