Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mark 1A released

As per the title, the AH Spit is now available.

Being a fan of the Spitfire, I'll be doing a review of it of course. 🙂

Costs 33 Euros from Simmarket, which is about 28 quid, so not the cheapest warbird out there for MSFS, but then again, it is a Mark 1A Spitfire, so that automatically makes it cool. Comes with eight paint jobs, some depicting contemporary 1940s markings and some with it depicted in restored mint condition. Had a quick fly around and there don't seem to be any problems with it in the sim as far as loading, working and getting okay frame rates, but it's too early to tell with regard to how it flies and I have to go to work. It does have the Neg-G fuel cut-out modeled on it, that I do know. You can remove the cowling and check the Merlin engine out too, which is a nice visual feature.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 10

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Noooo, just started our 2 week grecian holiday! Will get this just as soon as I'm back 🙃

• Like 1

I do like their c140 ... hopefully this one is just as characterful.  The MK I was by all accounts the most agile and responsive of all the Spits.

Do be prepared for a heap of reviews on main forum complaining that the textures are not "Carenado" standard and bemoaning the fact that some obscure knob hidden near your feet, that has no effect on flight, is inop though.   😄 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JaseMelbo said:

Brilliant.  I wonder how close behind their DC3 will be?

And me there Concorde, a long time now that i heard any update of this project, hopefully it was not canceled..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Looks and Im sure the model and his features are nice however I always wonder who is doing these repaintings :(. Unfortunately, they are partly fiction, direction of some stencils is incorrect, symbols, placement or colors, and also the wrong font on codes, although I probably belong to the 1% who pay attention to such things.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Chock, really looking fwd for one of your, always delightful to watch, reviews !

Do it please - NOW ! Make my day !!!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, JaseMelbo said:

Brilliant.  I wonder how close behind their DC3 will be?

Hopefully not far away. 
The spitfire has been more or less completed for some time, but they decided to delay the release, possibly due to it being too close to the Flying Iron Spitfire release.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Ooooh, been looking forward to this. The best-looking spit imho.

Will wait for Chock’s seal of approval but the negative g cutout is a good first sign.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Been so looking forward to this.

$7 more from Orbx than Direct!

From A2A MKI, I remember her being a pig on the ground, over heats so fast also on the ground, nightmare , all in all you need to get her in the air ASAP. Then she is like an angle.....🙂

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden.   MSFS  • Fenix A320 • PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet •

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF •  Flightsim.to •

DCS • A10c II • F-16c • F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier • Terrains = • Nevada NTTR • Persian Gulf • Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON •  32GB DDR4  3200MHz • RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip •

Just now, Nyxx said:

Been so looking forward to this.

$7 more from Orbx than Direct!

I'm not seeing that myself - I see Simmarket Prices in € with 20% VAT and it's €33.48 there and OrbX are listing a € estimated price as €33.47

I've sent off a quick tweet to Just Flight to see if they will be sellling it as well

• Like 1