Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mark 1A released

1 hour ago, airservices said:

Fantastic but I would like to see the plane that won the BoB the Hawker Hurricane 😃

BuuT iT wAs maDe of wOOd! 👺

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Only bits of it .... the main structural frame (the green tubular bits in the photo) was tubular metal and then wooden stringers and fabric were put over the top.

Hawker-Hurricane-Skeleton.jpg?q=50&fit=c

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

One thing I noticed was the fuel prime selector is inop, though you do not need it at start-up. 

I think you mean the The Fuel pressure cock, if you do, it’s not inop, how you work it is in my review.🙂

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Spitfires had a variable pitch prop rather than a CSU.  You select prop pitch directly rather than selecting a RPM.

From June 1940 all production Spitfires were fitted with a de Havilland constant speed unit and all in service aircraft were retrofitted with this unit.

This program for in service aircraft was completed by August 1940.

Hence my question.

Nice review.

Note: he also could not use the The Fuel pressure cock, made a comment he is all good now.

I wish he had opened the canopy before landing and he was using very low power setting, she sings when having more RPM 2600 is what I set as per the manual.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Note: he also could not use the The Fuel pressure cock, made a comment he is all good now.

I have my suspicions that oddball key combo needed is related to using legacy keyboard settings but I have not tested that out,

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

6 hours ago, Fielder said:

That did not stop the De Havilland Mosquito from being one of the most versatile and successful aircraft ever to grace the history books :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

48 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I have my suspicions that oddball key combo needed is related to using legacy keyboard settings but I have not tested that out,

Yes it is, no glowing buttons 🙂

10 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Can you clarify this bit?

Also, does the engine have a temperature model?

Being more of a Spit fan than an expert, my thoughts on this came as I was diving and the prop started to race away. so altered the pitch accordingly. That I believe is why @ Nyxx cooked his engine on his first flight (apologies Nyxx if Ive got it/you wrong!) .

New thought, This model is based on the Dunkirk Spitfire (May/June) so I reckon it has no CSU.

In June 1940 de Havilland began manufacturing a kit to convert their two pitch propeller unit to a constant speed propeller

Temperature is modelled though I haven't cooked her, September mornings at Coningsby are cool anyway.

Regardless , she is a fine Spitfire and if you get lost, it as a hidden Garmin to help. Click under the gun sight .

Edited by Puddin
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Puddin said:

Being more of a Spit fan than an expert, my thoughts on this came as I was diving and the prop started to race away. so altered the pitch accordingly. That I believe is why @ Nyxx cooked his engine on his first flight (apologies Nyxx if Ive got it/you wrong!) .

New thought, This model is based on the Dunkirk Spitfire (May/June) so I reckon it has no CSU.

In June 1940 de Havilland began manufacturing a kit to convert their two pitch propeller unit to a constant speed propeller

Temperature is modelled though I haven't cooked her, September mornings at Coningsby are cool anyway.

Regardless , she is a fine Spitfire and if you get lost, it as a hidden Garmin to help. Click under the gun sight .

Dont apologies, your right thats just what I did, the sound is addictive. 🙂 But something to control 🙂

I agree she is a fine Spitfire, you just need to go and wash your month out....Garmin.....🙄............😛😀🙂

iPad and navigraph....Dont tell anyone......🙂

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Dont apologies, your right thats just what I did, the sound is addictive. 🙂 But something to control 🙂

I agree she is a fine Spitfire, you just need to go and wash your month out....Garmin.....🙄............😛😀🙂

I did it for the team! 👍😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Puddin said:

It is probably a bit of a fruitless exercise trying to precisely date a MSFS addon as if it was a real warbird.

But if it is any help, this MK1a in game,  does NOT flood under neg G, then stutter and emit clouds of black smoke like one would have in the summer of 1940.  It clearly has the "Shilling orifice" which was rolled out to squadrons from March '41 onwards.  Which makes it an early to mid 1941 variant.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

17 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is probably a bit of a fruitless exercise trying to precisely date a MSFS addon as if it was a real warbird.

But if it is any help, this MK1a in game,  does NOT flood under neg G, then stutter and emit clouds of black smoke like one would have in the summer of 1940.  It clearly has the "Shilling orifice" which was rolled out to squadrons from March '41 onwards.  Which makes it an early to mid 1941 variant.

AH released this and if you goto 1 min and watch...but this is a Mk5, but sound just like you say Glenn. But later than a MKI

Edited by Nyxx

If anyone wants a copy of my PDF walk through, just PM/DM your email.

MK1.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2