Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mark 1A released

32 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is probably a bit of a fruitless exercise trying to precisely date a MSFS addon as if it was a real warbird.

But if it is any help, this MK1a in game,  does NOT flood under neg G, then stutter and emit clouds of black smoke like one would have in the summer of 1940.  It clearly has the "Shilling orifice" which was rolled out to squadrons from March '41 onwards.  Which makes it an early to mid 1941 variant.

I thought Chock had achieved the cut out, if not then that needs a fix.

I was asked about the prop, just gave my opinion.

But all Mk1 RAF Spits would have relegated to OTU by 1941 for the Miss Schilling device time frame.

I still think if it’s based on the Dunkirk Spit it won’t have CSU.

But not wanting to bang on anymore! 
Peace ✌️ 
https://youtu.be/4iOoiEbtf2w

1 hour ago, Puddin said:

I still think if it’s based on the Dunkirk Spit it won’t have CSU.

But not wanting to bang on anymore! 
Peace ✌️ 
https://youtu.be/4iOoiEbtf2w

Well this one does not.  It is variable pitch.  Not a two speed. Not a CSU.  Manual variable pitch.  You need to pull it back when you dive and push it forward again as you climb.

Whether Spitfires ever had a manual variable pitch prop is another question altogether,

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

9 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Well this one does not.  It is variable pitch.  Not a two speed. Not a CSU.  Manual variable pitch.  You need to pull it back when you dive and push it forward again as you climb.

Cheers Glenn, its well explained not like my waffle.

Edited by Puddin

Airplane Heaven have done a mk Vb as well?  I hope this makes it to MSFS - I love the look of those cannons.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

31 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Airplane Heaven have done a mk Vb as well?  I hope this makes it to MSFS - I love the look of those cannons.

PR 19 for me Bob, or a PR Mossie, if DCS has one , we want one too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puddin said:

But all Mk1 RAF Spits would have relegated to OTU by 1941 for the Miss Schilling device time frame.

Not all 😄  Came across this.

http://ww2talk.com/index.php?threads/mk1a-spitfire-r6915-last-in-original-paintwork.18521/

Spitfire R 6915 was withdrawn from service in July 1941 and for the rest of the war was used primarily for training purposes. It was transferred from the Air Ministry to the Imperial War Museum in August 1946.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Reminds me of my youth, with Airfix kits hanging from the ceiling!

Those new pilots in the Operational Training Units having to make do with the old clapped out models from the front line squadrons. But like this beauty you've highlighted, some get to live on.

This is modelled well, got an electrical failure flying over the Lakes UK. No way of checking fuel, gauges INOP ,no charge from alternator.

Emergency landing called for, or is it be a chicken and restart!

Update;  Landed in a field, good job Bijans bushes don't hurt!

Edited by Puddin
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Puddin said:

This is modelled well, got an electrical failure flying over the Lakes UK. No way of checking fuel, gauges INOP ,no charge from alternator.

Emergency landing called for, or is it be a chicken and restart!

Update;  Landed in a field, good job Bijans bushes don't hurt!

I have had the odd electrical issue as well. Still not sure if it is a bug or me messing up the alternator etc.  The voltmeter seems to usually read 6 volts which is correct for the electricals in a MK1A .

Regardless ... it is great fun to just jump in and toss around ...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Nyxx said:

How people just jump in this and go fly is amazing if you have started C&D, given the Mixture is the totalty the wrong way round as per the real thing and COG must be set, Also the ground handing is like nothing else.)

Airplanes are airplanes. It's not science Dave. And mixture is mapped correctly on the axis of my joystick (joystick fully forward = mixture lever in the plane full aft/Rich position)

Prime 4 strokes (just as I do to the Lycoming in the planes I fly IRL, pure coincidence though)

Both magnetos ON,

Throttle around 1/2 inch (again just as in many GA:s)

Start the engine ( you know with the button cleverly labeled "ENGINE START) , and it fired up just fine.

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

19 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Looks very promising, the 3D printed controls are a brilliant idea too👍

Thanks for the mention. New design of AuthentiKit Mk1A spade grip was targetted for the 15-Sep release too but i wasn’t happy with the activation pressure for the machine gun button. New design almost complete.

• Upvote 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

Airplanes are airplanes. It's not science Dave. And mixture is mapped correctly on the axis of my joystick (joystick fully forward = mixture lever in the plane full aft/Rich position)

Prime 4 strokes (just as I do to the Lycoming in the planes I fly IRL, pure coincidence though)

Both magnetos ON,

Throttle around 1/2 inch (again just as in many GA:s)

Start the engine ( you know with the button cleverly labeled "ENGINE START) , and it fired up just fine.

Your IRL skills show. No CoG set but good for you, no need for the sarcastic coment.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

35 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

No CoG set but good for you

Sorry if I omitted that. I do set and check my mass & balance before every flight.

Again, not really a difficult thing to spot while in-game.

But thanks for the "amazing" compliment 🙂

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

This happened tonight. A moment I will always remember as it went so well. I got lucky!

Can you see what happened?

Flight-Simulator-hksdb-RPEGO.png

Ended here.

Flight-Simulator-r-D9-KZJb48-K.png

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Ran out of fuel? 😅

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro