• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

You guys feel like trying new short strip in MSFS ? Here is 8CL1

image0.jpg?width=1482&height=1112

Buongiorno!

image1.jpg?width=1482&height=1112

• Like 1

Well, I reinstalled everything still have the same problem even after hot fix! I'm starting running out of ideas !

Guys, my 20 years of being software engineer finally paid off LOL I found a problem! I used developer mode with prevent CTD feature and narrowed down the problem. I setup my TM Airbus with increase prop pitch little on one of the buttons. It in turn created conflict with my Honeycomb Bravo prop pitch assignment to axis. Which eventually catch up after pressing "ready to fly" button causing CTD.

Next time you have something like that you may want to check conflict in assignments! If you have assignment for something on one peripheral make sure it doesn't have same thing or item on another  !

Edited by sd_flyer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't resist making a point here. This CTD problem, which has now been happily solved by the OP himself, is typical of the kind of issue that induces so many people to lash out in anger at the developers, even when other simmers report not having that particular problem. They assume that MSFS itself must be at fault, when, as was the case here, it was not (sometimes it is, of course). Moral: before we vent, we should consider the possibility that the source of the problem may lie in our own back yard.

Edited by cobalt

2 hours ago, cobalt said:

I can't resist making a point here. This CTD problem, which has now been happily solved by the OP himself, is typical of the kind of issue that induces so many people to lash out in anger at the developers, even when other simmers report not having that particular problem. They assume that MSFS itself must be at fault, when, as was the case here, it was not (sometimes it is, of course). Moral: before we vent, we should consider the possibility that the source of the problem may lie in our own back yard.

You point is off mark here. I started this thread as I wanted to hear any advice. I didn't lash out at developers or "vent". Before you make any judgement you should read my posts carefully.

Sorry, you misinterpreted me -- my fault, I'm sure. My post was not directed at you in any way; you certainly didn't vent!  I was just making a general point that some people, when they have a problem with MSFS, jump to the conclusion that it's a defect in the program. Your experience demonstrates that this is not always the case; it can be a local issue. My apologies for not making this clearer.

I've been watching this thread with interest, although unfortunately I had no ideas to help, I wanted to see the end result. 

Although people shouldn't lash out at devs, this error really was not user error either. Sure, it could have been prevented. But should s game crash like this with no clues given as to why? Couldn't there be better error trapping? My god, this could ruin a persons week off flying!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 8:35 PM, sd_flyer said:

Guys, my 20 years of being software engineer finally paid off LOL I found a problem! I used developer mode with prevent CTD feature and narrowed down the problem. I setup my TM Airbus with increase prop pitch little on one of the buttons. It in turn created conflict with my Honeycomb Bravo prop pitch assignment to axis. Which eventually catch up after pressing "ready to fly" button causing CTD.

Next time you have something like that you may want to check conflict in assignments! If you have assignment for something on one peripheral make sure it doesn't have same thing or item on another  !

Very glad you got it fixed but maybe I should have pointed this out better or more generally described that for some reason (and I think since SNAFU5) prop pitch assignment conflicts do indeed cause CTD's:

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!