Sign in to follow this  
Guest Camsdad

Thank you to AVSIM and mods

Avsim,I Just wanted to say thanks and I mean it sincerely, for deciding to clean up this forum by tightening your rules on trolling or flame threads. It was definitely getting old trying to make my way through dozens of useless posts with the intent of simply trying to find threads that benefit those who use and enjoy FS. Thanks again to all of you at AVSIM.Respectfully,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I would like to say AMEN Jeff.I am of the opinion that things were going south in a hurry.Thanks Tom, Geof, and Brian.

I haven't noticed anything unusual myself. What cleaning are you referring to? This place seems like the usual forum to me??________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Astrodave, as I see some topics were locked and will move down soon, so this may be considered as cleaning.I agree, there were too many long threads here on the same subjects. Thank you, AVSIM.

Guest camtech

Ditto on the yakity yak thats goes on here, seems like you cant get info without a whole lot personal opinions in here . one of the reason im looking for another forum site that truly wants to help without all the junk with it.i love this site and dont get me wrong, but i cant tell you how many times i wanted some info and the thread went from needing info into a whole completely yakity yak session.when i log on to this site its like logging onto a political site, and all im needing is simming info, tired of digging through potatoes to get to the meat. im sure in time it will get back to what it was created for and that is simming.my humble opinion only...Robert

I'll add my thanks as well. I enjoy a good debate but it was turning into the Jerry Springer Flightsim Show.Ian.

Guest emkramer

I agree. I was somewhat relieved to see my inflammatory comment removed. Glad you guys are cracking down.

When there are passionate simmers there will be "disagreements". And there are no milestones with the latest round of bickering. Nothing rivals the Pro-Pilot war back in '97 here. There is still a small group of "survivors" from that war who live on an e-island called the Pro-Pilot Forum. I hear they refuse to surrender and they have a 99 year lease. LOL. But it is the Internet and a few simmers take comments and issues waaaay to serious. Serious is the doctor telling your wife it is stage 3 breast cancer. Have fun, lighten up and watch history repeat. LOLThe AVSIM moderator's are great at clipping the lows without controlling the content. Good job guys! :)Bob...

>Bob, ah yes, those were the days, weren't they? :)Your welcome Geoffrey. I wonder if many members are aware that besides being a private pilot you are also a world class violinist? What a wonderful community we have! :)It is amazing Tom that so many simmers have been here for ten years or more. And I still remember the excitement and anticipation of the Pro-Pilot version that offered a bar raising feature. Imagine, flying through a cloud with volume! Ah..... pop... I just opened a Tawny Port. :) Bob...

>Lol-I am a Pro Pilot survivor and I refuse to surrender! I>love the 99 year lease...that means I"ll make it to 148!>Thanks for making my day (and all the other nice comments from>everyone)!>>>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg I was cleaning " my room " a few weeks ago trying to get rid of the clutter (much to my wifes amazement) and while sorting through a stack of disks I actually found my copy of Pro Pilot. I threw a lot of the stuff that was garbage out but couldn't part with Pro Pilot for some strange reason. I think I may have actually purchased a Vodoo 3D just to play it. Or it may have been one of the others....just can't remember. CraigASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain Mesh. LC for FSXActive SkyRC4

Guest MauiHawk

I can certainly understand cleaning up some of those threads, and I admit I added my fair share of manure to the pile.But I am confused about why one of my posts which was nothing but a simple thank-you to Phil for his latest update was singled out as well. Am I that hideous that all of my posts are targets for deletion regardless of what they say? If so, why not just ban me? (and while you are at it, there are some other posts of mine you missed...)