Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

G1000NXi looking good!

Yes, there are still pages missing on the MFD,  and the VFR map is out of synch with the GPS... but looking past that, some major things have been accomplished:

- The visuals are better than any sim G1000 gauge I have seen before.. it looks like the real thing!

- Flight plan management on the G1000 is darn near perfect

- The autopilot flies complicated RNAV approaches, both lateral and vertical

- You can highlight a waypoint in your flightplan, hit DTO, enter, enter and fly to this waypoint without losing the flightplan..

None of this was possible before... amazing.. truly amazing!

I wonder at what point MS is going to say "Enough.. it does not have to be THIS good"  😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 15

Bert

29 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

Curious what your fav airplanes are to use with it?

Rob Young Turbo Bonanza  🙂

• Like 3

Bert

It's important to have all the avionics models working so that 3rd party guys can leverage that and not have to reinvent the wheel. We also need the updates integrated into the World Map Flight Planner.  Even if it takes another 2 or 3 years it will be a great foundation for the sim.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Where is this addon?  I remember last year it was available but I never saw anymore updates on it.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

5 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Where is this addon?  I remember last year it was available but I never saw anymore updates on it.

search "turbo bonzana msfs". It's the first result.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Good to know it still works in the latest MSFS build, I hadn't tried yet.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

@Bert Pieke - nice to see you are enjoying this mod... I will admit to unfamiliarity with anything non Pegasus/Honeywell/Thales/Smiths... but I too am beginning to enjoy this navigation capability in GA.  

As far as @robert young's TN G36- it does indeed stand the test of time.  A very capable single, with decent load capability and legs that flies quite wonderfully after Rob's ministerations.

Looking forward to continued NXi development.  Unlike Bert, "Please Sir, I want some more!"

😉

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Has it been updated recently?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

No, Rob is having medical problems and has been out of action for quite a while (no time frame for return, yet) but as far as I know his Turbo Bonanza mod is one of few that has survived all of the sim updates. A testament to his abilities! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

There is a community "fix" for animation interference caused by the Turbo Bonanza, but the airplane itself is still the best in my hangar.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanks Bert, that's very kind!

I'm actually somewhat amused as to how little traction or attention the NXi has gotten on these forums. I seem to recall this crowd yelling somewhat the loudest about how poor the original G1000 was, but relatively little fanfare about one that now does all the IFR stuff everyone wanted in the first place (and a good deal more).

Of course, we're not powered by fanfare, so we'll keep on building the thing out, because we actually really enjoy flying it too! 😉

-Matt

• Like 19

I like flying the DA-62 with the improvement mod. And the G1000 NXi gets better with every update! To imagine that this will be in the core sim and used by all the default planes that has the unit is amazing! The more I learn about using the NXi the more I love it. If it had not been for WT joining Asobo, we wouldn't be where we are now! Thanks for adding them to the team! MS/Asobo recocgnizes talent and was a very wise decision on their part. They need to do the same for other areas where the sim is lacking, such as AI traffic and airport ground ops. Imagine if they brought on the team at AIG OCI for AI traffic and GSX for the airport ground ops and having those features built directly into the core of MSFS?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yes, there are still pages missing on the MFD

Any idea in what time frame these missing MFD pages (nearest and waypoints at least) might get implemented?

Impressive work, btw 👍

Edited by apollon01

13 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Thanks Bert, that's very kind!

I'm actually somewhat amused as to how little traction or attention the NXi has gotten on these forums. I seem to recall this crowd yelling somewhat the loudest about how poor the original G1000 was, but relatively little fanfare about one that now does all the IFR stuff everyone wanted in the first place (and a good deal more).

Of course, we're not powered by fanfare, so we'll keep on building the thing out, because we actually really enjoy flying it too! 😉

-Matt

I've mostly shutup now haha.  But to be fair I've broadcast my happy thoughts about the NXi far and wide.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |