Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

G1000NXi looking good!

Dumb question if you don't mind: How do you change/increase the brightness of the second display for aircraft so equipped?

I usually fly steam gauge aircraft but after reading all the fanfare decided to try the NXi out, and in both the C172 and Diamond DA40 the map display is very dim. 

TIA

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

Dumb question if you don't mind: How do you change/increase the brightness of the second display for aircraft so equipped?

I usually fly steam gauge aircraft but after reading all the fanfare decided to try the NXi out, and in both the C172 and Diamond DA40 the map display is very dim. 

TIA

I think those can be changed using the menu key on the mfd

• Like 1

spacer.png

the Baron G58 has a separate analog brightness control for the G1000, hidden under the copilot yoke labeled "FLIGHT INST" under the PANEL LIGHT DIMMING label.

• Like 1

Couple of minor things I've noticed:

1. If I load a saved flight (departure and destination set) and then enter a flight plan and approach on the PFD using the keyboard entry feature, after closing the FP window, the click spots on the a/c not longer work -- can't hide the yoke or release the brakes, etc. And these click spots worked before loading the FP.

But, if instead of loading a saved flight, I 'manually' enter the departure and destination on the World map page, and then enter the same FP as above again using the keyboard, after closing the FP window, all a/c click spots still do work.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between these two scenarios is the first once started with a saved flight. If closing the FP window is supposed to 'release' the FP keyboard focus, it apparently does not work with a saved flight for some strange reason.

2. When entering Baro mins for a procedure, the small FMS knobs works in increments of 10ft, but I can't find anything to adjust the mins in 100ft or 1000ft increments. The minimums at KCOS are on the order of 6300ft, so going from 0 to 6300 in 10ft increments is a bit tedious.  Is this how the real G1000NXi works or just a current development limitation in the sim version?

Thanks very much for all the G1000NXi improvements -- has made a huge difference in usability!

Al

Edited by ark

this has been discussed before: I don't remember exactly but I think there is a little green arrow/triangle next to the flight plan entry text field somewhere, that you need to click to close the input field again and revert focus from the PFD back to the main cockpit window.

On 9/19/2021 at 5:45 PM, Mace said:

There are mods for the GNS430 and GNS530 available, from pimarc/pmb.  For example here is the github link for the 530:

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

Sure, i know, but while that mod is good, it doesn't touch the core part of the units. For example, the flight plan capability is really really buggy. Sometimes while entering a flight plan by hand, parts of the flight plan that are already entered get randomly deleted, there are bugs related to the approaches etc.

I use the mod anyway and im grateful for it since it improves the default units a lot but it would be great if the guys at WT could give some love to those units too.

• Upvote 1

Juan Ramos

5 hours ago, xender said:

it would be great if the guys at WT could give some love to those units too.

They have it on their radar, but are not quite there yet.. we will all have to be patient.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

I think Working Title fixes to the World Map are a high priority. Asobo had some good ideas but it needs fixing up and the route synced with avionics. It would make a huge difference.

I hope there is a way to display all SIDS or STARS on the map, and then just click the one you want.

• Like 1