Sign in to follow this  
erikk77

I run FireFighterX_SE.exe nothing happens

I run FireFighterX_SE.exe and nothing happens (MSFS Steam Edition)

Running Windows 10.0.19041.1 with Norton 360.  

I unzip the files and then a warning box comes up "windows protected your PC, prevented an unrecognized app from running".   I run it anyway.  Fire Fighter X License box pops up and press next.  The FireFighterX_SE setup box appears.  I press next,  The FireFighterX_SE setup box appears (with the installation path).  The  Installation Completes.  I press close.  I run FireFighterX_SE.exe nothing happens.  I Disable Norton 360 firewall and auto detect and tried again.

Nothing happens.  Help please.

"Nothing happens"

The program is either blocked by anti virus (check the Norton history) or it can't run because of messed up FSX registry keys or  missing libraries (usually SimConnect).

What simulator is this exactly? FireFighterX is not for MSFS, only FSX and P3D. Also, it doesn't work with the beta version of FSX-SE.

Please send an email with your proof of purchase (order number and shop) to the address on the last page of the manual.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Got this figured out.  I installed the FSX version for FSX Steam Edition.  Apparently the FireFighterX_SE.exe is not compatible with FSX Steam Edition.

36 minutes ago, erikk77 said:

Apparently the FireFighterX_SE.exe is not compatible with FSX Steam Edition.

It is, and it is working fine for me, with the current FSX Steam Edition. Most likely you have a problem with the FSX-SE registry keys on your computer.

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, erikk77 said:

So go figure ?

Not sure I understand. My current devel system has been built from the ground up in April. The _SE version of FireFighterX works perfectly fine for me.

As I wrote earlier, these things often come from corrupted registry keys. For whatever reason, you have the classic FSX keys in your registry, that is why the FSX version works, but the FSX_SE version doesn't. But without taking a look into your registry I can't be certain. Another source of problems is the SimConnect version. If the SimConnect libraries in the GAC have an incorrect version, AAO can't load. In your case that would mean that the SimConnect libraries are newer than FSX legacy, but older than what the _SE version of FireFighterX has been compiled with. Or they are just plain incompatible, like when you try to use the Beta version of FSX from Steam.

LORBY-SI