Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Finally Asobo acknowledged the blocky cloud reflections bug

After Zendesk tickets and several threads in the past year, MS/Asobo acknowledged the bug and hopefully they will work on it sooner or later. 

Now vote, please! 🙂 https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-blocky-cloud-reflections-in-absence-of-wind/328150

image.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I've noticed these Bug Logged thread titles appearing lately, like others I'm kinda hoping that SU6 & 7 are full of bug fixes.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

They have actually mentioned it a few times during the twitch feeds, and said they hoped to fix it with the DX12 PC release. 
Not sure if they meant DX12 will fix it by itself, or they will do a separate fix alongside.
Nice to have it logged formally though.

I would love to see a formal mop-up of all the little bugs and issues over the coming months, before we move forward with more content again.
We already have Reno air races and the Ju-52 coming, so that should keep us happy for a bit. :smile:

I think it would be important to do all of the flight model fixes and improvements they can think of next (some are coming with Reno apparently), so that the third party developers don't have to keep going backwards to fix their aircraft ad infinitum.  The graphics and other improvements can come later.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Bob- 

I’m glad to hear this.

I’ve repeatedly asked @Asobo to patch the leaky ship before hoisting the Royals and Top Gallants, and been vehemently disagreed with by some. A solid foundation before raising more superstructure wouldn’t go amiss, methinks.

C

PS- I’m coming over for a patio swim soon 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

PS- I’m coming over for a patio swim soon 

OK Carl - anytime!  I will top her up with a bit more blue paint!   😀 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

They have actually mentioned it a few times during the twitch feeds, and said they hoped to fix it with the DX12 PC release. 
Not sure if they meant DX12 will fix it by itself, or they will do a separate fix alongside.

DX12 will certainly fix it if DXR (ray tracing) is implemented. 

A DX12 wrapper will not fix it, as it didn't fix it on the XBox version.

I understand the challenge of not being able to use conventional raster based reflections (the reflections would appear and disappear as you pan the view) but those Minecraft blocks are no longer acceptable after one year.

I agree completely on the "patching before stuffing" concept but marketing sees it differently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

They’re acceptable to me. Using real reflections would be hella expensive on the GPU

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They’re acceptable to me. Using real reflections would be hella expensive on the GPU

When they fix this they all Asobo have to do is give us a slider so we decide how much of the GPU resource we allocate to it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

35 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's what some of us saved our money (and still saving) money to be able to accommodate. If its too taxing on someones gpu  then simply dont enable it and have something to look forward to when you can get a better gpu. For the others who can take it on.. fix it.

No mediocrity.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

23 minutes ago, Maxis said:

No mediocrity.

This

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Looks like "Low" setting got stuck - should be a straightforward fix

As others mentioned already, the big game changer in reflection/lighting will come from DX12 update and MSFS incorporating new features offered by DX12

I have reflections off. I dont see the need to waste GPU cycles on stuff like this. Seas rarely look like mirrors like in the screenshot above. Expect a performance hit from the "fix".

Edited by sanh

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

There will always be an option to disable ray tracing.

Honestly for the moment it would be enough to make the water not so flat when wind speed is below 5 knots. A minimal ripple would be sufficient to avoid that horrible effect.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

It's probably due to a vast number of changes that every update introduces but they do break an unusual number of things with every update. What makes all of it even more strange is that most of the new bugs are very obvious and is quite a headscratcher how they "slipped" through beta.  

• Like 1

Hello,

I use this option in LOW, because in OFF it is not very pretty when there is water on the tarmac after a rain

I agree that we rarely see a mirror effect on the sea, it's more the case for lakes.