Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Loading Sim

Is anyone else having issues where half way into loading the sim, the sim freezes and the only way to get out of it is CTRL ALT DEL?  What I thought was limited to DD Chicago and or FSDT ORD, is starting to happen at other places.  Today i couldn't load Flightbeam PDX.  How do I know where I can or cannot load?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Yes, it happens every time I try a flight from KSEA (Seattle).

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Yes, had it happen @ KDCA & KORD (both addons).  Loaded up at other addons (payware & freeware) with issues).  Figure this is the new CTD.  😉

Ugh... Happens to me at FSDT ORD, Flight Beam PDX and Denver. I was able to load default PHL and RSW, as well as DD DCA.  Maybe it is an issue with certain 3rd parties?  Rather annoying.  Anyone able to fly into those airports or does that CTD?  LatinVFR seem to be working from what I can see

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Anyone else having this problem ?

I think this is an issue that came just after SU5 for some (no idea to how many) people. I was about to get crazy trying to detect why this was happening and found no specific add-on/mod that could cause it, so ended up thinking it was a MSFS server-related issue, congested?, maybe...

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This has happened to me a few times and it has always turned out to relate to something in my community folder.

I have quite a lot of files in there and I probably need to cull it a bit, but it takes a while to work out which addon is causing the issue.  A couple have failed as a result of sim update 5.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 minute ago, cianpars said:

This has happened to me a few times and it has always turned out to relate to something in my community folder.

I have quite a lot of files in there and I probably need to cull it a bit, but it takes a while to work out which addon is causing the issue.  A couple have failed as a result of sim update 5.

Why are you not using the great Addons Linker app?  Using that app I only position mods into Community that I need for each specific flight.  It is so quick and easy.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

11 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Why are you not using the great Addons Linker app?  Using that app I only position mods into Community that I need for each specific flight.  It is so quick and easy.

Interesting Where would I find that and is it easy to set up?

28 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I could do, but as I do 90% of my flying in the UK, I have about 130 addons for that region in my community folder.  All my other mods are located elsewhere in folders for each country.  It takes a couple of seconds for me to switch my uk addons for say, Austrian addons using cut and paste and since they are on the same drive, pasting 130 files takes no more than a second. That's really why I've felt no need to use a linker.

What I probably need to do is split the UK into North and South, but I've not done so yet as very few of my mods are Northern.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Did the hotfix fix this issue?  

Hi there,

I had this issue as well and running the sim just with a few mods. For me it was the PMS 50 GTN 750 Mod. I could only start a flight with Content.xml deleted. And yes, this issue's gone for me with the hotfix. Fingers crossed.

Take care

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.