Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 16th, 2021 - Development Update

3 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Second update with a Roadmap with no World Updates. I guess they’ve suspended them for a while?

The roadmap is same as last week, they are updated quarterly but they continue posting the most recent one for convenience.

They've said that six World Updates are coming in 2022, so I presume they are pushing Sim Update 7 forward because it coincides with the Reno Air Races pack, and after that they will resume to the normal schedule.

• Like 1

How many times did they start to fix live traffic? 10? Not that I care but maybe stop wasting resources in something you can’t fix apparently.

and why is disabling logbook popup after cut engine not even started? 
all you need to do is change code from

showLogbook()

to

//showLogbook()

This fix is free from charge @asobo   

Lukas Dalton

Anyone else concerned that more Wish List Items are "Started" than Bug List Items? I'd personally prefer a much stable base before new flashy features are added which could introduce their own bugs and issues.

Was hoping SU6 & 7 would be full of such bug fixes, wait and see but hopes are not high.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

38 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Anyone else concerned that more Wish List Items are "Started" than Bug List Items? I'd personally prefer a much stable base before new flashy features are added which could introduce their own bugs and issues.

Was hoping SU6 & 7 would be full of such bug fixes, wait and see but hopes are not high.

With SU6 the approach flyback bug should be fixed. If that's true, this fix alone will make it an epic update. In fact I believe it's not acceptable to see the release of a bunch of 30 USD payware aircraft when the basic systems of the default ones, which we paid already more than one year ago, are not functional. 

They also acknowledged the blocky reflections in absence of wind and are willing to work on the white dot. I am positive about the development.

As for the fact they are taking care of the wish list more, we need to understand that the commercial side will always be paramount: sales are generated by new content and graphics improvements, things that the average Joe can understand. How many people do you think fly IFR, use ATC and insert flight plans and approaches in the MCDU? Bug fixing is a grinding work that flies under the radars of most people.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Rather disconcerting to see that morphing and coastline glitches that are well documented by users are still « under investigation » as opposed as « started » and that work on the lightning overdose has not yet begun. What do they need to start ? 

One amusing line «  LOD problems.... several releases ».  Indeed, the LOD looks like a bungee cord in MFS, extended with one SU, retracted with the next, extended again with the following, to be retracted again 😆...

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

15 hours ago, DaWu said:

and why is disabling logbook popup after cut engine not even started? 
all you need to do is change code from

showLogbook()

to

//showLogbook()

This fix is free from charge @asobo   

Clearly it isn't that easy. Don't be a backseat developer.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Clearly it isn't that easy. Don't be a backseat developer.

How would we know whether it is or not? I've enough programming experience (none) to understand that this is pretty much a black and white / hard stop "event" that shouldn't really trigger except if the engines are shut down. no gray areas here! But hah, hey who am I? Maybe it has more to do with having 1.26 million different versions in development, i.e. branch circus.

Edited by KERNEL32

26 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

How would we know whether it is or not?

I could take a fairly educated guess that simply commenting out a subroutine is going to leave the code that calls it hanging in some way, so it can never be literally that simple.

Which isn't to say that it's particularly difficult, either, but it doesn't break the simulator in any way, so it's probably not high priority.

When will it become a flight simulator instead of a scenery simulator?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

40 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

When will it become a flight simulator instead of a scenery simulator?

About 12 months ago

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

About 12 months ago

and some day, when the planet earth will have only vegetals and microorganisms, we will have ai traffic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, March Hare said:

I could take a fairly educated guess that simply commenting out a subroutine is going to leave the code that calls it hanging in some way, so it can never be literally that simple.

Which isn't to say that it's particularly difficult, either, but it doesn't break the simulator in any way, so it's probably not high priority.

I guarantee you it is that easy 

Lukas Dalton

3 hours ago, DaWu said:

I guarantee you it is that easy 

You don't know what at all, unless you're secretly a developer at Asobo.

Edited by Tuskin38