Sign in to follow this  
somiller

UPDATE - Carenado Mooney M20R

I had an update in the content library for the Carenado Mooney tonight.

Not sure what this update is or does, because I checked Carenado's product page which shows the current version as 1.3, but the last update in the version history is 1.2 from Nov. 2020.

Here's the info. from Content Manager after updating.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Well, I just tried it ... and ... A/P appears to be borked, or at least it's not working they way I'd expect it to. Can only climb/descend at 500fpm.

22 minutes ago, gunther said:

Well, I just tried it ... and ... A/P appears to be borked, or at least it's not working they way I'd expect it to. Can only climb/descend at 500fpm.

I know what you mean. But it does work. It's just very fiddly. 

CTD on takeoff.... But this might be unrelated. Things i noticed are 1000% better. FPS when you switch the lights on(previously a huge hit). Flight model seems better, no more rudder fighting on take off to maintain heading. But too little too late in my book. I will buy the JF Piper and do away with Carenado...Just not good enough.

tpewpb-6.png

Seminole and 170B also updated again. So happy to have my Mooney back. Worth waiting for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gunther said:

You need to pull the FPM button out/push it with your mouse. It works fine i just had a 1200fpm climb on AP

• Like 2

tpewpb-6.png

Well that was a nice fast update from them...............................🙄

Bet after the HF tonight to does not work again....................🤪

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well that was a nice fast update from them...............................🙄

Bet after the HF tonight to does not work again....................🤪

Oh no - don't you dare jinx us!  🙂

• Like 1

Just did a quick check to make sure the update solved the fuel tank selector issue (and it did - YAY!!!).  Noticed though that the Garmin (and now there appears to only be one, the 530, instead of two) didn't turn on when I turned on the avionics (have to use the mouse to turn the power knob).  I think the GNS mod I'm using may be an old one, so that could be the issue.  Doing a TBM flight right now but will do some checking once it's finished.  Just happy to see that an update FINALLY showed up!

• Like 2

Ok, pardon my complete idiocy!  It's been so long since I flew the Mooney that I thought it had two Garmins.  Jeez!!!!  On a lighter note, the 530 DOES turn on now when I turn on the avionics.  Probably that 'first time load feature' I seem to experience at times.  I'm using the fantastic mod, so it's working just fine it appears.  

Ok, off to do some messing about in the Mooney.

• Like 2

Installed and flown, thank-you @Carenado.

This at first blush seems like a comprehensive update. Will need to spend some time with the aeroplane before passing final judgement, but it looks very promising.

Now, I sit with bated breath awaiting 1100L when the Hotfix drops… fingers x’ed it won’t bork the Mooney again.

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

C170B
M20R Ovation
PA44 Seminole
WYMF5

All of them have updates today ^

• Like 6

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I am glad they fixed the Mooney lights, as mine suffered from stuttering / performance issues when certain lights were switched on. 
Although I wonder if it is actually the SU5 + HF performance updates that have fixed it. 
I know Asobo got around this issue at one stage by completely deleting the volumetric lights from the sim! :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Seems to fly fine after the update. Took them a while, but better late than never.

Edited by jrw4
Operator error

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Great.  Anyone using Ryan's Mooney liveries after SU5?  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere