Sign in to follow this  
somiller

UPDATE - Carenado Mooney M20R

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

I operate the fuel selector using SPAD.neXt and it works as before. I had it off at the beginning (ramp - C&D) and I switched it on using the button I had assigend in the profile.

Kind regards, Michael

What variable did you use for the assignment in S.n?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 minutes ago, andradef said:

I am still having issues with the fuel selector. It starts on OFF (although the engine is running), and I can't operate it. Fuel is coming from left tank. 

Also, electric fuel pump makes a very loud noise and causes the engine to stall. 

Finally, engine is stalling when idle. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

No. I am not experiencing any of that.  Fuel selector is easily selectable with my mouse. and the boost pump and high boost have associated sounds but not loud.  I can idle just fine.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I think that the idle rpm must be set close to 1000 rpm at high altitude ground levels (Denver). Throttle set at bottom seems to kill the engine at that altitude. Haven't read the POH yet.

• Upvote 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

7 minutes ago, Eclex said:

I think that the idle rpm must be set close to 1000 rpm at high altitude ground levels (Denver). Throttle set at bottom seems to kill the engine at that altitude. Haven't read the POH yet.

Full rich on the mixture?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Either full or properly tuned..   both needed some idle speed. Try it at KDEN and let me know.

Anything less than 600 rpm will kill the engine

Tx,

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

55 minutes ago, andradef said:

Also, electric fuel pump makes a very loud noise and causes the engine to stall. 

Finally, engine is stalling when idle. 

Yes, I made a flight from Ferandina Beach to Lakeland, Florida this afternoon (about as close to sea level as you can get) and the engine would die on the ground at idle when full rich.  It can probably be solved by leaning slightly and/or keeping the RPM at 1000; but haven't had a chance to play around with the finer points.

Electric fuel pump is really loud... obnoxiously loud!  But at least it's a good reminder to turn it off after takeoff (haven't experienced it causing any engine stalls).

My only other complaints are that the pitch trim seems a bit too course and the click spots on some of the knobs seem really tiny.  Other than that, I'm pretty pleased with it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

What variable did you use for the assignment in S.n?

fuel.jpg.245975ab8a9024ab030d593ae9eada61.jpg

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

That Spad.Next looks really great.  I might have to invest, as I am having constant problems with my Saitek panels and the drivers. 

At the moment I can't do two sessions in MSFS without rebooting the PC, as they complain 'drivers already loaded' or something like that and they are then non-functional for the second session.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, pmb said:

fuel.jpg.245975ab8a9024ab030d593ae9eada61.jpg

Kind regards, Michael

That is fuel pump.  What you mentioned previously was fuel selector.  i.e. L or R is what I assumed.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Anyone notice after update the Mooney engine stops. You can restart and in idle it stops.  Once you throttle up to take off it does ok 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lrc said:

Anyone notice after update the Mooney engine stops. You can restart and in idle it stops.  Once you throttle up to take off it does ok 

So it is still broken after all this time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If I look at the checklist for the Mooney, after engine start it specifies that the throttle be set for 900-1000 rpm. At that setting, the engine does not shut down. 

https://flightsim.to/file/15551/mooney-m20r-ovation-carenado-checklist-procedures-beginners-guide

I haven't checked this against the actual poh, but it does suggest that the correct throttle setting is above its minimum. Kind of odd, but there it is. Perhaps someone who has actually flown this aircraft could provide further information.

Thanks.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

At the moment I can't do two sessions in MSFS without rebooting the PC, as they complain 'drivers already loaded' or something like that and they are then non-functional for the second session.

Are you doing the full shutdown from the main menu, quit to desktop?

James

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

That is fuel pump.  What you mentioned previously was fuel selector.  i.e. L or R is what I assumed.

Right. But this one was broken, too, since the named SU5(?) It now does work and I can start engines from C&D again which I couldn't during the last months, thus Carenado seems to have taken care at least of this one.

I didn't see a need to manipulate the fuel selector when I tried the Mooney yesterday, thus, obviously it's in the proper position (can't run the sim right now to check).

Unfortunately, the Saitek Switch Panel doesn't have a fuel selector switch anyway. I even don't see a control element which could be "misused" for this purpose.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11