Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

What was I thinking?

Personally, I would have managed without this fix, I haven't noticed any difference at all, every bug that annoyed me before is still there.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Personally, I would have managed without this fix, I haven't noticed any difference at all, every bug that annoyed me before is still there.

Hope you enjoyed the "forced march" (update process) more than me....  😫

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

Hope you enjoyed the "forced march" (update process) more than me....  😫

Yea, I have the Steam version 😉

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 hours ago, odourboy said:

No joy with the FBW A32NX. Is there a working version? I'd take a download link if anyone's offering.

There is a massive thread about it ..

TLDR ->    not returning to marketplace - licensing issues - blah blah - lots of ranting and conspiracy theories by various idiots - XBox users feel they are being discriminated against etc etc

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a32nx-will-not-be-returning-to-the-marketplace/454303

• Like 1

Thread number 200 whining about updates for a cloud based game. Welcome to the present. 

Was a 5min downtime for me. Opened MS Store, clicked update, waited 3mins, started FS. Done. 

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 6

What I am missing with all of these mandatory updates, is why it is not a simple case of switching on msfs and simply getting a message that it is being updated.  Why do we need to run and update the x box app? Why do we need to go to the microsoft store just to find that no update is available, why must we delete our community folder, rolling cache, manual cache, why do we have to reboot our pc before any of the above takes place, etc. And just to add further irritation, W10 needs to update at the same time.

How is it that beta testing doesn't find all of the things the updates are breaking before the rest of us do?

Do I even need to have both the x box app and the x box companion installed?

This time, I even had to try to run the game inside the x box app on the pc before the update even appeared - never had to do thst before - never even had the x box app before.

Surely all of the above should just happen when msfs starts up rather than sending users round in circles.

That said, msfs is a wonderful simulator and I'm having a lot of fun with it, but ms really needs to look at its update process - we shouldn't need a 50 page thread on here full of people complaining that they can't get the update every time an update happens.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Launched the sim, got the update message, went to the store, got the update, installed the update, five minutes later I was flying. Some folks really do make things seem more difficult than they really are. Perhaps it is the way they have their system set up. Isn't it a bit strange that it is mainly the same people we see whining about the sim?

Blue Skies...Kenny.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, kenny584 said:

Isn't it a bit strange that it is mainly the same people we see whining about the sim?

In flight simulation, specially with the ambulating mess that MSFS is, you are bound, one day or another, to be a whiner in the eyes of the uncharitable . There are pro in this thread. One day treating fellow simmers as stupid because they don't have a problem or don't accept that something can be important to the other guy which is unimportant to them or just do not understand what the problem is... . For all you know, the next week or month they have a snag of their own and come crying for help.. So let us not be too presumptuous 😁.

Another thing, personal computing is now about 55 years old, give or take a couple of years. There have been a lot of effort, constant efforts, to make software "fool proof". I know it is a bit of a Sisyphus endeavor. But still,  You would think that after all these years, Microsoft, no less, would market a game with fool proof updates and not the convoluted mess where you have to fetch it when it is compulsory. Kind of a contradiction here. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

500 MB   update that installed in game in 30 to 40 seconds without going to the store -  or are we talking two different updates here ?

I think you download the installer from the store and the update is triggered once you start the sim...something along those lines I think.  EDIT: Maybe you're system is downloading the MS Store updates automatically?  Mine MS Store is set only to update things when asked.

Edited by SmokeDiddy

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

In flight simulation, specially with the ambulating mess that MSFS is, you are bound, one day or another, to be a whiner in the eyes of the uncharitable . There are pro in this thread. One day treating fellow simmers as stupid because they don't have a problem or don't accept that something can be important to the other guy which is unimportant to them or just do not understand what the problem is... . For all you know, the next week or month they have a snag of their own and come crying for help.. So let us not be too presumptuous 😁.

Another thing, personal computing is now about 55 years old, give or take a couple of years. There have been a lot of effort, constant efforts, to make software "fool proof". I know it is a bit of a Sisyphus endeavor. But still,  You would think that after all these years, Microsoft, no less, would market a game with fool proof updates and not the convoluted mess where you have to fetch it when it is compulsory. Kind of a contradiction here. 

I think the core problem in all this is Microsoft. Let's face it, many of the things they do cause trainwrecks, and this stupid store they have is a perfect example. There is no reason that any update in 2021 should require the user to twist themselves into a pretzel to apply the update. How the beta testers can see this, and not complain, is beyond me. I will never ever buy anything again from the MS Store, until they fix their issues. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

500 MB   update that installed in game in 30 to 40 seconds without going to the store -  or are we talking two different updates here ?

Are you sure you got the total update, mine was two different updates of around 500 MB each, plus the content manager update. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think the core problem in all this is Microsoft. Let's face it, many of the things they do cause trainwrecks, and this stupid store they have is a perfect example. There is no reason that any update in 2021 should require the user to twist themselves into a pretzel to apply the update. How the beta testers can see this, and not complain, is beyond me. I will never ever buy anything again from the MS Store, until they fix their issues. 

WU6 and the three last HF were not beta-tested if I am not mistaken. SU5 was tested but common wisdom which for once might be true, is that the MFS team does not listen much to testers anyway.  Also, I am not sure that when an update is tested the download procedure is the same. 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam