Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

AI Aircraft lights - consensus question

Hello Gang!  Ever since the update before last, I lost all my AI aircraft lights.  I kind of learned to live with the issue since it was introduced and kind of hoping Asobo does the right thing and fix them, but now I'm seeing some threads talking about "how the AI lights are back".  I've done several test flights to test whether the AI aircraft now show their lights and they still don't........at least in my system.  Can several of you validate whether this has indeed been fixed by Asobo or if it's still an issue?  If it is still indeed an issue, I'm not sure how some people are claiming it's fixed.  Very confusing!!!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

No Ai lights here for traffic.  I was using this mod. Took out all my mods before update. Haven't put them back in yet.  But I was using this for Mod for Ai traffic just be sure to pull the aircraft folder of the aircraft you are flying out of the community folder. And if you switch aircraft vise versa.

Here is the link to the Mod be advised haven't tried it yet for latest update to see if it still works.

https://flightsim.to/file/18738/temporary-light-fix-the-asobo-generic-ai

Happy Landings,

Josh

Will second Josh's recommendation, for the AI traffic lights mod. Works as intended. Would be nice if Asobo would fix it, so to have a dozen less things in community folder.

A semi-related problem to AI traffic, I have never seen a contrail on AI craft yet. I am not flying high enough for more own contrails (in C208b), if FL in relation to AI has anything to do with if a contrail appears or not.

With the AI lights not working and no contrails on AI aircraft it's like they're all flying Wonder Woman's Jet. 🤪

• Like 1

On my first flight after the update yesterday i saw nav lights on about 3 aircraft at distance. and thought ah, great they must be implemented it again. But that's all i saw, despite some passing close with no visible nav lights on. It seems strange.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

Yep, the mod Josh mentions is a good stop-gap until they get it fixed.  

Unfortunately this theme of the community fixing Asobo/MS introduced bugs and issues is getting tiresome;

Terrain Spikes - Community fix, official fix came weeks (months?) later.

Flaps Issue - Community Fix on day one, official fix 10 days later.

Aircraft Lights - Community Fix, still nothing official since SU5 when it was introduced.

There's probably other examples, the main point is Asobo/MS are very poor at urgently rectifying issues they create.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

What ai traffic? 

Yea, some people are lucky to get AI Traffic, since SU5, I have no "Realtime" or AI traffic, no matter what I try to do to enable them. I just wish there was some sort of config file I could check to see if AI has been disabled, as not everyone has this problem, or is it another long wait from Asobo to fix it ?.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Although MSFS is a good simulator, the team offered us a product with live ai traffic that, unfortunately, doesn't exist. 

Its been a year since then. 

I have never liked when someone sells me unfinished products. I can allow some hotfix, but not a hotfix every month. 

Who refund us the technical problem? 

If this was a real plane, we'd had crashed. (and not to desktop) 

I see some nav lights after WU6 but only on AI GA aircraft. No lights on the live traffic airliners. I don't use the mod.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I flew today South of London in the UK with Little Navmap active on a second monitor and there was lots of Ai aircraft around my location.  Strangely only one GA aeroplane had nav lights illuminated and flying level at about 500 ft ??,  other aircraft, even closer Ai had no nav lights illuminated.

Why can't Asobo fix this simple bug during a hotfix, when a member of the MSFS community has a temporary fix available that works very well ?

I sometimes wonder if Asobo has a single developer working on bug fixes that only has weekends available to accomplish this task, it takes so long for them to fix obvious bugs.

Edited by GAJ52

Glen

Anyone else having crashes when using this mod?
Also, it keeps saying not installed.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Quite frankly AI lights haver always been a pet peeve of mine and now that they're gone it's not all bad.  I really don't like the bulbous, round balls that are supposed to be Nav lights.  I really like what they look like in P3D far more.  I've sent it into the wishlist hopefully they will revise how they look when they restore them.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X