Sign in to follow this  
D1git4l

Axis and Ohs and Behringer X-touch

14 hours ago, devgrp said:

Everything you need is in as1000

and how is AS1000 NOT an HTML variable? I show AS1000 variables only in the HTML variables section in AAO, see 2 screenshots above. any assigned buttons from the G1000 drop down list have no effect in the sim, the green ACTIVE light goes ON in AAO if I press the assigned button but no reaction in the sim, only those variables I select from the HTML section are working. why is that?

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

26 minutes ago, turbomax said:

and how is AS1000 NOT an HTML variable? I show AS1000 variables only in the HTML variables section in AAO, see 2 screenshots above. any assigned buttons from the G1000 drop down list have no effect in the sim, the green ACTIVE light goes ON in AAO if I press the assigned button but no reaction in the sim, only those variables I select from the HTML section are working. why is that?

It sounds like it's not connected to the sim. Make sure the aao bridge is installed in the community folder 

20 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Make sure the aao bridge is installed in the community folder

never heard of that, where does that come from? whats the exact title? would that not get automatically get installed by AAO? it seems that is only used for some knobster and other peripheral products, no mention of that in the default AAO manual for MSFS.

AAO must be connected to the sim, I have the setting "connect automatically to the sim" selected under "Connection" and the green light in ON otherwise how could the HTML vars work, which they do. only the NON- HTML vars don't work

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

never heard of that, where does that come from? whats the exact title? would that not get automatically get installed by AAO? it seems that is only used for some knobster and other peripheral products, no mention of that in the default AAO manual for MSFS.

AAO must be connected to the sim, I have the setting "connect automatically to the sim" selected under "Connection" and the green light in ON otherwise how could the HTML vars work, which they do. only the NON- HTML vars don't work

The bridge is part of aao. There should be an option in one of the menus to install and it copy it to your community folder. Make sure to read the manual because I had issues too when I first got it 

I think you don't really understand the issue. the standard variables don't work for the WT NXi, so we HAVE to use HTML variables in my case, as I said from the beginning. I also found no mention of any "bridge" in the manual nor in any install menu that you mentioned. I just received an answer from Lorby, here is his reply:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593109-axis-and-ohs-support-sub-forum/page/2/

very nice.

21 minutes ago, turbomax said:

I think you don't really understand the issue. the standard variables don't work for the WT NXi, so we HAVE to use HTML variables in my case, as I said from the beginning. I also found no mention of any "bridge" in the manual nor in any install menu that you mentioned. I just received an answer from Lorby, here is his reply:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593109-axis-and-ohs-support-sub-forum/page/2/

I have all the buttons like menu, dto, flp, enter, range knobs and the other knobs to enter the fp working abd I used mostly everything from AS1000 and they all work with my xtouch mini. If that is what you are trying to accomplish then you shouldn't have any issues. 

In the folder where aao is installed, there is a folder called lorbysi-content-hooks, that needs to go into your community folder

Edited by devgrp
  • Like 1

try changing the map ZOOM in the MFD in the BeechBaron G58 with WT NXi G1000 with x-touch mini using the standard G1000 variables. it doesnt work here (not sure what other bridge addons you may have installed, they are not part of the AAO installation nor mentioned in the manual) . Some variables may work according to Lorby, some don't. the MFD map ZOOM or autopilot button obviously only work using HTML variables. the AS_1000 events that you mentioned are all in the HTML variables section, unlike the older G1000 events:spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

very nice.

I use both G1000 and GNS430/530 planes with my X-Touch through AxisAndOhs. Layer B of the X-Touch is my GPS layer. I'd say 80% of the G1000 works (notable omission : map zooming/moving. Asobo will fix it ... someday), and unless I'm forgetting something 100% of the SimConnect commands for the GNS430/530 work.

I don't fly jetliners so won't help with the A320, but ask away if you have a specific question about the Garmins.

• Like 1

"notable omission : map zooming/moving."

that was exactly my observation, and that's why I am using the HTML variables which do work, fortunately.

very nice.

54 minutes ago, devgrp said:

there is a folder called lorbysi-content-hooks, that needs to go into your community folder

thanks, I checked and it got installed there automatically.

very nice.

I am no expert, but check for "midi-out" to light up the keys. 

very nice.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:29 PM, D1git4l said:

I still have a question, how to add the LED functions?

Section 14 of the AAO manual (in the AAO directory next to the .exe).

On 9/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, turbomax said:

"notable omission : map zooming/moving."

that was exactly my observation, and that's why I am using the HTML variables which do work, fortunately.

Same problem mapping "map zooming" ... may I ask you which is the HTML variable do work?

Regards
Stefano