Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

FBW A32NX 0.7.0 released with custom FBW systems

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/release-notes/v070/

FlyByWire Simulations Stable v0.7.0 is our largest release to date featuring entirely custom systems developed and tested meticulously with our pilot staff and QA team.

This release now includes these major features:

• Entirely custom fly-by-wire, autopilot and autothrust systems, written from the ground up to incredible accuracy.
  • Reworked flight model using real-world data, adapted to our custom flight systems.
  • Custom LEAP 1A-26 engine performance model.
  • Entirely custom automatic pressurisation, hydraulic and ADIRS systems.
  • Significant overhaul to avionics system, including more accurate symbology and improved frame rates.
  • flyPadOS 2: New layout, Navigraph charts, landing performance calculator, aircraft configuration options.
  • Entirely reworked cockpit texturing, with realistic amounts of wear for an A320neo.
  • Improved soundscape - entirely custom sound pack with 100% custom samples.

...and much more!

For a full release changelog - see here

• Like 20

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

*Note that everything in this release is also in dev and experimental, often for a while now 😉 

Still a very nice overview of all the features developed over the last few months.

• Like 1

The full changelog is very... full 😄

Thanks FBW!

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Thanks all involved... Easily the best modern day airliner in the sim at present. And improving all the time.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

21 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

Does "custom autopilot" mean that it has working VNAV?

No. You still have to calculate your descents manually.

Edited by Farlis

Nice, the custom autopilot for FBW is finally out. I remember last fall, around October or November, FBW announced they would do their own custom autopilot after one of the updates for MSFS broke the autopilot for FBW.  But it's been some 9 to 10 months since that announcement that FBW would do their own custom autopilot.  Glad to see it's finally out, this is a huge step for the FBW team!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

32 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Nice, the custom autopilot for FBW is finally out. I remember last fall, around October or November, FBW announced they would do their own custom autopilot after one of the updates for MSFS broke the autopilot for FBW.  But it's been some 9 to 10 months since that announcement that FBW would do their own custom autopilot.  Glad to see it's finally out, this is a huge step for the FBW team!

No more USR waypoints and flyback bug hopefully! 

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

a massive thanks to the fbw team as if it wasnt for you guys i would have dropped msfs as there default a320 is not worth the time  so a huge thank you 

• Like 1

For me after installation the aircraft doesn't show up in the sim. Is it just me? I can load the FBW A320 but it doesn't show up at the airport.

Otherwise: Thank you FBW-team for your efforts!

21 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

That is part of the custom flight plan management and custom LNAV which is available in the experimental. 

What that custom autopilot means is that, all the autopilot foundations are now handled by the custom AP instead of Asobo's.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

34 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

That is part of the custom flight plan management and custom LNAV which is available in the experimental. 

What that custom autopilot means is that, all the autopilot foundations are now handled by the custom AP instead of Asobo's.

Yes, in fact USR waypoints and the flyback bug are still there... confirmed for the stable 0.7.0 version.

57 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

flyback bug doesn't exist anymore since the experimental version with the custom flight planner.

• Like 1