Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

The hotfix update 1.19.9.0 was a nightmare

Hello there

Yesterday's update was a real disaster for me.

When the hotfix was installed after an hour of trying to, an unexpected event occurred: the update was installed in another folder!

MSFS no longer started.

At the end, I had no choice but to uninstall MSFS and reinstall it.

Time consuming!

Luckily, the new installation updated version 1.19.9.0 with the hotfix.

But that has been another demonstration that updating MSFS is getting more and more complicated.

I would like updates to be easier for everyone.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards.

• Like 5

MS Store? I'm noticing a trend of issues mainly to do with that, I'm on Steam and have never had any issues downloading and installing any update or hotfix.

• Like 9

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

MS Store? I'm noticing a trend of issues mainly to do with that, I'm on Steam and have never had any issues downloading and installing any update or hotfix.

Yes, it was MS Store.

Extremely frustrated with the Microsoft Store too. Every update introduces a new set of challenges.

• Like 3

Bill Moore

Worked perfectly fine here on the MS store. As it always does. 
1.) update is announced.

2.) restart pc.

3.) go to store 

4.) search for updates 

5.) download and install updates .

6.) launch msfs. 

takes 2 mins 

• Like 19
  • Upvote 6

Talk about nightmare.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do regarding my install.

See my post "I could really use some help" about the issues I'm having regarding this update.

I know I was the one who messed up my install but it shouldn't be that hard to get an update in the first place.

At least yesterday I could use FS2020, now I can't even reinstall it...

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

19 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Worked perfectly fine here on the MS store. As it always does. 
1.) update is announced.

2.) restart pc.

3.) go to store 

4.) search for updates 

5.) download and install updates .

6.) launch msfs. 

takes 2 mins 

Hi,

Lucky you!

For me it was very very easy to install the updates just until SU5.

From that moment things began to complicate with no apparent reason.

I wonder why. 

And I think I'm not the only one with isseus with the MS Store updates.

Regards.

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 2

Steam here, no problems. But if i did run into a nightmare like what some of you guys are reporting i would be word not allowed off. MS needs to fix this. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Lucky you!

I wonder why. 

Regards.

So presumably when you press the Get updates button on the Downloads and updates page in the store you don't see anything for MSFS - do you see updates for any other windows apps ?

2 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Lucky you!

I wonder why. 

Regards.

The MS store seems to have some inherent issues that are not new to MSFS.  From my perspective no one has mastered the online store and distribution model better than Steam "however" as I learn more about the MS store which is ridiculous on it's own, why should I have to learn how to use a store, now I seem to be able to retrieve the updates with greater simplicity. 

It is all about the "Get Updates" step

MSFS will tell you that you have an update available to the sim but that communication appears to happen outside the store.  So then you go to the store and nothing shows up.  All you see is a list of your games and apps with a blue box in the upper corner that says  "GET UPDATES"

To me that means "GET" the updates for the list of items displayed.  It does not mean "Search for New Updates" which is what it SHOULD read.  

Only once you click "Get Updates" does the MSFS update pop into the store as available.  

So no, it's not very intuitive at all and I can see how some get into a cycle of MSFS saying there is an update and the store not displaying it.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

43 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hello there

Yesterday's update was a real disaster for me.

When the hotfix was installed after an hour of trying to, an unexpected event occurred: the update was installed in another folder!

MSFS no longer started.

At the end, I had no choice but to uninstall MSFS and reinstall it.

Time consuming!

Luckily, the new installation updated version 1.19.9.0 with the hotfix.

But that has been another demonstration that updating MSFS is getting more and more complicated.

I would like updates to be easier for everyone.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards.

I had also to do a sort of 'install dance'....I had to open up the Xbox app...and then have it running when I tried to 'find' the M.S. Store hotfix.  So...I actually ended up with two hot fixes.  One was inside MSFS, and then I DID get the M.S. Store hotfix.  So, when both were installed, the hotfix did fix the most important problem for myself,...having no full lights at less then 100 percent rendering.  I now have full night lights at either the 80 or 90 setting I normally run my GTX1070 at. With those settings at full Ultra, I can maintain 30/32 FPS, even at night with full cityscape lights.

4 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

So presumably when you press the Get updates button on the Downloads and updates page in the store you don't see anything for MSFS - do you see updates for any other windows apps ?

I can see the updates that are not MSFS updates. No problem with them.

But yesterday the MSFS update did not appeared until more than an hour (When I started MSFS there was a message that redirect me to MS Store, in a loop!).

Finally the update was installed, but in a wrong place (Program Files) not in the correct path (Users..., etc.).

Regards.

2 minutes ago, John Fields said:

But yesterday the MSFS update did not appeared until more than an hour (When I started MSFS there was a message that redirect me to MS Store, in a loop!).

Finally the update was installed, but in a wrong place (Program Files) not in the correct path (Users..., etc.).

Regards.

See my post above.  You have to mouse click the "Get Updates" button to search for the MSFS update if it does not show up.  Counter to what you think Get Updates does not get the updates for everything you see in that list, it SEARCHES for new updates... It is very poorly worded and not very user friendly.  

As for installing in wrong path I thought you chose the path on install?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

3 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Regards.

That was weird that it did not properly install in the right folder...but I also for over half an hour, kept closing and opening up the M.S. Store front...and no update showed...and this has only happened in the last two updates. They changed something at their end for sure.

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

That was weird that it did not properly install in the right folder...but I also for over half an hour, kept closing and opening up the M.S. Store front...and no update showed...and this has only happened in the last two updates. They changed something at their end for sure.

Mitch, see my post above about the Get Updates process.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk