Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

This plugin has won me back as regular XP11 user

13 hours ago, Janov said:

Willkommen zurück!

And if you like clouds...I think you will like what the future holds for X-Plane 😉

Not long now! I think everybody will be happy 😉

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

7 hours ago, Gulfstream said:

I have no idea what the internal LR stance is on integrations like this, but "letting someone else handle this beast" seems like a good idea for a small team.

They actually do, but that "someone else" is a community guy or payware developer who pass on the costs.  In the other sim, the devs did a good job and the clouds look Amazing out of the box.  I don't need to do a thing looking for script hacks or addons!

Edited by Greazer

Disregard

Edited by Humpty

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I suspect that Humpty meant Disregard Greazer - a thoroughly disreputable nuisance who, in my humble opinion, ought to spend more time getting really good at flying the other product, thereby having less time to waste ours.

Edited by Brian Mackie
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

I suspect that Humpty meant Disregard Greazer - a thoroughly disreputable nuisance who, in my humble opinion, ought to spend more time getting really good at flying the other product, thereby having less time to waste ours.

Nop.

my post "can someone point me to the demo link"

So i found it hence - Disregard

BTW i never read his post - reading now - Disregard 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

20 minutes ago, Humpty said:

BTW i never read his post - reading now - Disregard 

🤣

15 hours ago, tonywob said:

Just to mention.... I think @BiologicalNanobot did an absolutely incredible job... if I was LR I'd have snapped him up 🙂

That's what I thought. They should habve paid him and given this out free.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

15 hours ago, Janov said:

Yes - LR is working through different items sequentially, and "better looking/performing clouds" was on the list, but other things were ahead of them. There is a constant barrage of users requesting this and that and everyone has a favourite "must have" item on that list (mine is bird songs that are correct for the time of day and season and geographical area and I CAN`T believe that this wasn´t accomplished yet 😡).

Clouds was behind things like "VR" and "Move to Vulkan" and some other things...and for me personally that was a sound decision. Would they liked to have better clouds 3 years ago? Definitely.

Everyone has different priorities - and fortunately we have different flight simulators to choose from these days with different emphasis on different aspects of flight simulation. No one minds having beautiful clouds, of course, me neither (I just want the bird songs first! 😉 )

Bird songs, funny. Haha. "Some other things" kept them busy, a-ha.

They are ok with a third party making money off something that should have been in sim since day one.

That you consider this a sound decision... Well 🙂 From a sellers standpoint it definitely is, from a customers... Not so much!

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

I find it utterly mind boggling that a $15 plugin (That's the cost of a McDonalds meal down here) that was made for, what the MSFS proponents consider a vastly inferior flight sim, made by a company they consider on the brink of closing down due to the huge gap in...everything...when compared to the competition, can trigger an X-Plane detractor and his friends, who "like" his post, this much.  

18 minutes ago, rka said:

That's what I thought. They should habve paid him and given this out free.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but X-Plane is nearing the end of the V11 run.  Might want to ask your "business major" associate, who also runs his own business, whether or not LR paying a developer for use of his plugin in a near obsolete version of X-Plane, with the next version around the corner, makes any financial sense.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I find it utterly mind boggling that a $15 plugin that was made for, what the MSFS proponents consider a vastly inferior flight sim, made by a company they consider on the brink of closing up, can trigger an X-Plane detractor and his friends, who "like" his post, this much.  

I'm not sure if you're aware, but X-Plane is nearing the end of the V11 run.  Might want to ask your "business major" associate, who also runs his own business, whether or not LR paying a developer for use of his plugin in a near obsolete version of X-Plane, with the next version around the corner, makes any financial sense.

The thing here is that pleasing your customers does not always make direct financial sense. It sometimes pays off later. For example when your customers have to decide if they buy the new version or not.

Oh - Have you been alerted by Janov? 😉 

Just now, rka said:

The thing here is that pleasing your customers does not always make direct financial sense. It sometimes pays off later. For example when your customers have to decide if they buy the new version or not.

Nearly 3 decades in business.  I think LR know what they're doing.  But if you wish, I'll be sure to pass on your thoughts to Ben or Austin.

1 minute ago, rka said:

Oh - Have you been alerted by Janov?

No.  I've been visiting almost every day.  However, I have an add on to finish, so my time was prioritized.  I figured I would take a small break.  

And I am constantly entertained by the select few who have so much to say about a flight sim they think is on the verge of self destruction.  You seem quite interested in posting about a product you think won't see another few months.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, GoranM said:

I think LR know what they're doing.

That, I have no doubt about.

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

But if you wish, I'll be sure to pass on your thoughts to Ben or Austin.

That would have been great, at an earlier date. Now I think it's not necessary anymore.

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

And I am constantly entertained by the select few who have so much to say about a flight sim they think is on the verge of self destruction.  You seem quite interested in posting about a product you think won't see another few months.

That's because I have had countless hours of fun in XP and I like some of the payware devs a lot and feel a bit sorry for them (it's obvious that there also some I really don't like and don't feel sorry for, I guess 😉).

13 minutes ago, rka said:

pleasing your customers

Pleasing customers, thats not the problem, customers are just these days hard to please. World has become a miserable place, with a world filled with people who think they deserve everything and for free. It was a better place before computers, when rolling a hoop down the road was fun, walking bare foot for an hr to your mates place, walking an hr to the library to get Tin Tin books to actually read. This world surely has changed for the worse.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I find it utterly mind boggling that a $15 plugin (That's the cost of a McDonalds meal down here) that was made for, what the MSFS proponents consider a vastly inferior flight sim, made by a company they consider on the brink of closing down due to the huge gap in...everything...when compared to the competition, can trigger an X-Plane detractor and his friends, who "like" his post, this much.  

Never been an "X-Plane detractor" as I have used LR´s sim since its inception and always found it more entertaining than the competition. MSFS is, for me, a much better base product, but plugins such as this help bridge the gap and allow me to enjoy the high-quality add-ons that I have purchased over the years.

On another note, you seem to have a lot of anger inside you. That can´t be healthy and, hopefully, will not lead to the closure of this topic.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, rka said:

That, I have no doubt about.

That would have been great, at an earlier date. Now I think it's not necessary anymore.

That's because I have had countless hours of fun in XP and I like some of the payware devs a lot and feel a bit sorry for them (it's obvious that there also some I really don't like and don't feel sorry for, I guess 😉).

Ok, great.

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Never been an "X-Plane detractor" as I have used LR´s sim since its inception and always found it more entertaining than the competition.

I was referring to some other people.  Would rather not mention names.

MSFS is, for me, a much better base product,

I have always said people are entitled to choice, without harassment from others.  Whatever you prefer, is totally up to you.

On another note, you seem to have a lot of anger inside you.

I'm doing what I love.  My daughter was just scouted by a higher level soccer club.  I work from home.  I work with very talented people who I consider friends.

There is nothing to make me "angry". 

What I "shake my head" at is people getting annoyed by a $15 plugin, to the point they have to post negative comments about it.  

I know the developer (through the community) who made it, and I have followed his progress.  I have advised him on a few things when it comes to selling payware.  I know the work that has gone into this.  And when people trivialize someone else's hard work, especially when they do it in their FREE time, it does annoy me.  This is his first add on, and he's already being met with posts like this.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5