Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

This plugin has won me back as regular XP11 user

1 minute ago, Greazer said:

If only it was available back in 2016 

Yes, it would be lovely scientific computational discoveries from 2018 could be sent back in time and made available to everyone years before they were discovered and published.

I take it you plan for your flight simulator to use directx 14 and launch in the 1920s?

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

@Janov do you know who is in charge of X-Plane official Facebook channel? I have not seen them promoting plugin developers unless it is scenery or aircraft. It will be great if they make a post about Enhanced Skyscape. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

I wish someone smarter than me could answer this question. How is it possible that this was completed now and not years ago?

This is a game changer for XP11's clouds and Hi-Fi could not develop them.

It's remarkable!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I wish someone smarter than me could answer this question. How is it possible that this was completed now and not years ago?

This is a game changer for XP11's clouds and Hi-Fi could not develop them.

It's remarkable!

Priority. Austin and few other didn't make visual a high priority for many years. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

people like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandra_Elbakyan

and

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz

changed science for the better.

So now journals like

https://arxiv.org/

are actually popular.

https://arxiv.org/help/stats/2020_by_area/index

IMHO

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

@Janov do you know who is in charge of X-Plane official Facebook channel? I have not seen them promoting plugin developers unless it is scenery or aircraft. It will be great if they make a post about Enhanced Skyscape. 

I know and I will check with him.

• Like 2

I've wasted too much time and money on cloud addons for XP only to find that the FPS hit and miserable draw distance has meant that I don't use them. Is this any different? Once bitten twice shy so I'll just wait for XP12. Ditto water/wave addons and everything else. The one shining miracle of an exception is Traffic Global which somehow transforms the sim world for a cost of under 2 FPS compared to the in-sim ai traffic which turns the sim into a slide show.

No sale.

Edited by jarmstro

54 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I've wasted too much time and money on cloud addons for XP only to find that the FPS hit and miserable draw distance has meant that I don't use them. Is this any different? Once bitten twice shy so I'll just wait for XP12. Ditto water/wave addons and everything else. The one shining miracle of an exception is Traffic Global which somehow transforms the sim world for a cost of under 2 FPS compared to the in-sim ai traffic which turns the sim into a slide show.

No sale.

15 bucks just buy it 😁

or best why not try the demo ?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well, let me start by expressing my gratitude to the OP for having called my attention to this plugin !!!

Wow Guys !!! Wow !!!

I was stupid enough to spend my budget on a Mosquito so, no way to buy the Felis 747-2xx, but this plugin whose demo version I installed gave me a WOWOWOWOWOW effect so big as my first experience with MFS... actually bigger because it now shows me even more crisply what Austin may reveal next weekend at the sim conference, and give me hope for XP's next generation !

What a true game changer these clouds are !

They do have a nasty effect though on my new rig - the GPU ( 3060 Ti ) get's really running, and hot, and it's fans which most of the times seat at low 1000s or stopped, start spinning at 2000+ !!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

No sale.

Up to 10 fps impact here on my Rig. Nevertheless, at 4K, always 30fps+ with the 3090.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

22 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Up to 10 fps impact here on my Rig. Nevertheless, at 4K, always 30fps+ with the 3090.

10fps hit with a 3090? Definite no no for me then. Same old, same old. 

22 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

10fps hit with a 3090? Definite no no for me then. Same old, same old. 

That frankenstein add on, the Bredock3D 737, where the developer didn't do any heavy lifting...bought the model off turbosquid and used a bunch of gauges, sounds and flight model from the default 747...why not.  It's only 20 quid.

Clouds for X-Plane from a genuine developer, who published the first version for free, and is now willing to give it a good go, for $USD15..."no thanks."

The mind boggles.

🤦‍♂️

Edit:  And yes, I bought it yesterday from the threshold store.  Purely to support a new developer.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

-I reinstalled XP11 after long months .

-It hurts the eyes a lot...

-I installed Enhanced Skyscapes.

-I have done several flights with Active Sky

-I definitely uninstalled everything

-I don't even have hope for XP12

The thing i'm certain is that there will be no miracle now and in the future.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

35 minutes ago, GoranM said:

🤣

its not funny because its true.

Years of the org glitterati telling people the shockingly bad weather depiction is fine, 25fps is fine and all bugs are user error has turned that into the common perception of the vast majority of people who try xplane.

Please dont perpetuate those myths, LR, xplane and the community deserve better.

AutoATC Developer