Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

This plugin has won me back as regular XP11 user

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

There's hardly an fps hit on my system. Trust me on that one! I'm very critical of performance and the eye test.

This is the best $15 I've ever spent on this sim. Since I really do not buy add-ons anymore, mainly because I beta test add-ons for several devs, it says a lot that I was willing to spend $15 for just a "cloud enhancing" plugin.

This one is right up there with XP Realistic as the best two plugins I've ever purchased for XP11.

I'm trying the demo now. 
edit. First attempt CTD. I'll uninstall XVision..

Edited by jarmstro

Would love if someone posted a more comprehensive instruction set on how to incorporate with xVision.  I know unchecking fog/scattering/clouds is recommended but others say disable LUA script on xVision as well. Not understanding LUA scripts and how they clash between the two it would be great to have detailed instructions before I spend the dough.

Thanks!

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

30 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm trying the demo now. 
edit. First attempt CTD. I'll uninstall XVision..

There's a readme file in the demo zip.

There are a few required things you need to install.

Good luck.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, ieydis said:

Would love if someone posted a more comprehensive instruction set on how to incorporate with xVision.  I know unchecking fog/scattering/clouds is recommended but others say disable LUA script on xVision as well. Not understanding LUA scripts and how they clash between the two it would be great to have detailed instructions before I spend the dough.

Thanks!

Enhanced Cloudscapes is a plugin, not a LUA.

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Enhanced Cloudscapes is a plugin, not a LUA.

Enhanced Cloudscapes did have a LUA script.  Enhanced Skycapes does not.  Is that correct?

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

OK without XVision it loads. (EGPH/Toliss) I have Active Sky running and indeed the FPS hit is not too bad. Difficult to say but say between 5% and 15% which is tolerable. The clouds look better than default and the draw distance is good but they are nothing special because the lighting and shadows are so poor without XVision. There's  just one cloud layer in contrast to the Metar. And it cooks my GPU as been reported previously.

At 30000ft when going to external view and then back to the cockpit the clouds have gone. This could be Active Sky. Or a bug. Or it happens prior to the demo timing out.

But if I have to choose between XVision/Active Sky and this plugin I am sticking with the former. I'll give it 6/10 and a star for effort.

Edit. No, no. I can't get it to work with XVision no matter what and Active Sky definitely causes issues as well. Will wait for XP12 when all this nonsense will hopefully be redundant. For Active Sky maybe it needs something similar to that ridiculous extra plug-in thing you need to get that garbage SkymaxPro to work?

Edited by jarmstro

5 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Show me thick 3D clouds reaching all the way to the horizon with no (or even minimal) fps hit and I'll buy it. 

Quite happy with 53 fps with this beauty!! :cool:

ECP3Hwb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

ECP3Hwb.jpg

WOW

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

8 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

ECP3Hwb.jpg

One measly cloud layer. Doubt it's correct.

One thing is for certain.  The product is getting 10 pages of publicity!  

For free.  

*Double chuckle*

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

This topic is being monitored and one useless post has already been hidden. Hopefully you can behave yourselves.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, ieydis said:

Enhanced Cloudscapes did have a LUA script.  Enhanced Skycapes does not.  Is that correct?

Yes. LOL

Confusion is in my brain....

Right well I've kept on trialing it. Hats off to the guy. But here is my list of to-dos. (Purely my own)

1) It needs to be compatible with Active Sky and to be able to render more than one cloud layer including cumulus clouds and cirrus.

2) It needs to be compatible with XVision which I cannot do without and which would add better lighting and effects.

I'm nearly sold!😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

Right well I've kept on trialing it. Hats off to the guy. But here is my list of to-dos. (Purely my own)

1) It needs to be compatible with Active Sky and to be able to render more than one cloud layer including cumulus clouds and cirrus.

2) It needs to be compatible with XVision which I cannot do without and which would add better lighting and effects.

I'm nearly sold!😀

Hi, it is compatible with Active Sky, though to a limited degree. The add-on simply reads the injected clouds to X-Plane (by any weather engine), and it is able to render up to 3 layers, just like default X-Plane.

It is semi-compatible with xVision other than Luas and fog & scattering shader tweak.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.