Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

This plugin has won me back as regular XP11 user

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Right well I've kept on trialing it. Hats off to the guy. But here is my list of to-dos. (Purely my own)

1) It needs to be compatible with Active Sky and to be able to render more than one cloud layer including cumulus clouds and cirrus.

2) It needs to be compatible with XVision which I cannot do without and which would add better lighting and effects.

I'm nearly sold!😀

I am using it with Xvision and ActiveSky without apparent issues. Had a couple Vulkan crashes in the last days, but those also happened before installing this plugin.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Hi, it is compatible with Active Sky, though to a limited degree. The add-on simply reads the injected clouds to X-Plane (by any weather engine), and it is able to render up to 3 layers, just like default X-Plane.

It is semi-compatible with xVision other than Luas and fog & scattering shader tweak.

I've been using it all afternoon and have never seen more than one cloud layer even though the AS Metar says otherwise? Maybe it's just bad luck.

Edited by jarmstro

1 minute ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

It is semi-compatible with xVision other than Luas and fog & scattering shader tweak.

Ok, there it is again 😀.  So I would need to also disable the xVision LUA? Isn't that a big part of the overall engine.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Just now, ieydis said:

Ok, there it is again 😀.  So I would need to also disable the xVision LUA? Isn't that a big part of the overall engine.

Most of the Luas won't have any effect anyway - ES renders its own custom sky and clouds

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I've been using it all afternoon and have never seen more than one cloud layer even though the AS Metar says otherwise? Maybe it's just bad luck.

What matters is not what AS METAR says but what AS injects to the simulator, what you get should match with what you see in the weather menu of X-Plane.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

1 minute ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

What matters is not what AS METAR says but what AS injects to the simulator, what you get should match with what you see in the weather menu of X-Plane.

I have AS set to inject some cirrus but I don't see any with this plugin? And I've never seen more than one cloud layer?  Also could you please let us know which XVision shader effects to disable? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Using it with AS without any issues.. multiple layers here you go 😉

a1PxIce.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UKflyer said:

Using it with AS without any issues.. multiple layers here you go 😉

a1PxIce.jpg

Sold.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I can assure you that it works with ASXP and there are 3 layers of clouds drawn. I can post pics but I'm not near my computer.

Update

Just saw the pic posted and that's what I see on my screen.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If anyone confirms the usefulness of the EC in VR (preferably with a proposition of own user profile), I will also buy it. 😉

(1080Ti i7 8700K 32RAM)

11 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Sold.

I wouldn't recommend purchasing the add-on without resolving all of the issues on your end. This is why there is a demo and it can be re-used infinite amount of times.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bulva said:

If anyone confirms the usefulness of the EC in VR (preferably with a proposition of own user profile), I will also buy it. 😉

(1080Ti i7 8700K 32RAM)

Try the demo.

https://ext.thresholdx.net/ES_demo

Works for 20 Minutes.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

First EC attempt with xVision - unsuccessful. I have a dual image in VR view.
What exactly options should be deselected in xVision settings ???

2 minutes ago, Bulva said:

First EC attempt with xVision - unsuccessful. I have a dual image in VR view.
What exactly options should be deselected in xVision settings ???

ES does not support VR, but EC should work fine.