Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

This plugin has won me back as regular XP11 user

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

Nah.  Not even going to bother.

Between Jarmstro's ridiculous comments about a developer and his $15 plugin, and rka's verbal nonsense about what he THINKS he knows, I honestly don't know why I waste my time.

Ridiculous? Let me try to  get you to understand what a matter of ethical principle is. Here it is in a nutshell by simple example.-

If I make a donation to some one who I thought was developing, say, a freeware airport (which I frequently do) I would not expect to find an improved, finalised and renamed version of it on Simmarket by the same author  a bit later on unless I had been offered a free copy of said payware airport in recompense. 

I fail to understand why this is at all contentious let alone ridiculous?

As far as biologicalnanobot is concerned I am answered and the matter is closed for my part.

Edited by jarmstro

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

If I make a donation to some one who I thought was developing, say, a freeware airport (which I frequently do) I would not expect to find an improved, finalised and renamed version of it on Simmarket by the same author  a bit later on unless I had been offered a free copy of said payware airport in recompense. 

Why?

If I make a donation to a free version of a product, I do it out of my own free will.  If an improved version of that product, with extra features, made its way to a store, and I like it, I'm buying it.  Here's why.  That person made something and ASKED for donations, but no one was obliged to make donations.  And those donations could have been 20c.  They could have been $2.  Regardless, no one held a gun to my head.

What is the key factor here is...the developer is well within all of his rights to charge for an updated version of whatever it was he made previously.  If someone doesn't like it, vote with the wallet and move on.  Not a hard concept to grasp.

Next, as you said, you never donated...so preaching what he should and shouldn't do, is kind of pointless, and only makes you look like you're reaching for attention or some kind of self importance.  If someone else who has donated, has a problem with it, let them complain.  Why are you even involving yourself??

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

As far as biologicalnanobot is concerned I am answered and the matter is closed for my part.

Excellent 

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The on-going argument on this thread is one reason I stopped making freeware and especially taking donations. Donations are generally there for users to show they enjoy the developer's work and a thanks, perhaps to buy a beer and show appreciation.. However, a small number of folk saw sending a donation as a means of then dictating how the product should be made, giving them certain rights to you and your product and also to get 24hrs a day dedicated support. 

Sadly, some folk don't seem to realise a donation is just that, it's not a ticket to have all future versions for free and a guarantee that the existing version will continue to be updated and supported, it's a donation, simple as that.  I can't believe people are even having this discussion and it has become an issue to discuss.

As for this cloud addon, I picked it up for the measly price of $15 the other day and I'm extremely impressed with it. It's an absolute bargain in comparison to xEnviro and IMO works exactly as I wanted xEnviro to work and has improved X-Plane greatly. This developer deserves something out of the work he's done, and it still blows my mind that it was done by a single part-time developer who is also a student. :ho:

• Like 11
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

Why are you even involving yourself??

Precedent. Simply that. No other reason . Of the many donations I have gladly made over the years this issue has never occurred.

Edited by jarmstro

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Great!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Back to the OP, I installed the full version.

Some observations:

.) My fps stay put between 59 and 60, Vsynced in XP11 graphics options, but the GPU ( 3060 Ti ) does start to put it's fans to work, from a usually stopped state to around 2600+ RPM ! 

The T rises to the mid-high 70s, with peaks above 80 ºC ... That's too hot for me 🙂

.) When Enhanced Skyscapes is active, I sometimes ( quite often in my recent X-Plane 11 sessions ...) have problems syncronizing RW weather. I load the weather for a situation, XP's interface shows that it has been downloaded, I sometimes Refresh it once or twice but there's no wind, or clouds... Then sometimes after 3 or for atempts to load the situation weather, I do get a very misty / hazzy atmosphere, with rather limited visibility, even if the METAR reports 9999, specially when there are denser patches of clouds, that I can't see rendered unless I start climbing above that "mist"...

I didn't experience this visibility quirks, and out-of-sync issues while I was trying the demo version.

Is there a support forum ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

11 hours ago, GoranM said:

verrbal nonsense about what he THINKS he knows

Lol

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

Discord server

https://discord.gg/VMbPfU4m

(will go invalid quickly, there should be a lasting link in the thread or download details)

I tried that link. I was asked to react to the rules with the tick emoji but I can’t. Any help?

6 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

I tried that link. I was asked to react to the rules with the tick emoji but I can’t. Any help?

@BiologicalNanobot

(but there should just be a tick emoji under the text you can click on/touch)

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Having run a few more tests with the demo plugin (alongside an edited XVision solution to disable any LUA script as well as its cloud effects), I’m even more impressed by what this author has done.  In thick cumulus, you get the strong impression of existing in a wrestler’s armpit – which is pretty much how it should be. There was no ghosting and fps was lower but quite acceptable. The cloud bases seem too uniformly flat and a bit too dark, but hey – this is the first attempt and I dare say the creator is working on tweaks. It would be interesting to hear how purchasers have got on so far, and if the paid-for version is more tunable than the demo.

Edited by Brian Mackie

The only difference between demo and unlocked version is the time limit.

I'm going to update Enhanced Cloudscapes Controller for Enhanced Skyscapes as soon as there is a Linux release of the plugin. This may result in a bit more tunability than with settings.txt.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 9/20/2021 at 7:40 AM, GCBraun said:

Up to 10 fps impact here on my Rig. Nevertheless, at 4K, always 30fps+ with the 3090.

same issue with me.  looks amazing.  kills the frames.

14ppkc-6.png