Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

This plugin has won me back as regular XP11 user

Ground textures can be replaced with ortho, but the crappy XP11 clouds were always a deal-breaker for me when considering coming back to the platform. This new Enhanced Skyscapes plugin is just excellent and have made me enjoy flying in XP11 again...

Highly recommended, especially for the low price!

Wc4wrKx.jpg

w7c3vr1.jpg

oAqdgPi.jpg

9OyO44t.jpg

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Eheh, is this April's 1st, and the shots are from MFS ? 🤣

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Willkommen zurück!

And if you like clouds...I think you will like what the future holds for X-Plane 😉

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

The cloud don't look as good as MSFS but they enhanced XP11 greatly. Great addons so far. I like it.  Finally a plugin that is using my extra GPU power.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Shell out fifteen more bucks to make XP look more contemporary, but not as good as the competition, in the year 2021?

If this would have been free in one of those small updates of last week, I would have checked it out.

Pay for that? Thanks, but no thanks.

Maybe I'll try the demo just to see one time how one person was able to pull off what was impossible for LR for years...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

13 minutes ago, rka said:

what was impossible for LR for years...

I don´t think "impossible" is the right adjective here. They didn´t even try 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Janov said:

I don´t think "impossible" is the right adjective here. They didn´t even try 🙂

You seem to be thinking that makes it any better... Amazing.

Edit: LOL

Edited by rka
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

40 minutes ago, rka said:

Maybe I'll try the demo just to see one time how one person was able to pull off what was impossible for LR for years...

LOL that's one way of seeing this. 

Tried the demo, it works well, greatly enhancing one aspect of the sim but I'm hoping XP12 brings much much more to the table. We'll see in a few months or years when it finally releases.

15 minutes ago, rka said:

You seem to be thinking that makes it any better... Amazing.

Amazing is that you think that it is amazing. But it perfectly fits into the picture I have of you after reading many of your posts.

Lets work through this together, then 🙂

Look at it this way: Asobo has not been able to include helicopters as default aircraft into MSFS. "Wait a minute", you will say. "They haven´t YET. They are sure to come!". "Oh!" I say. "So it is not that they are too dumb to do it, they just haven´t gotten around to it?". "Yes, that is exactly it!", you answer. "There was just too many other things they had to accomplish, it wasn´t for lack of ability, it was for lack of time and resources".

Get it?

Didn´t think you would 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Hi,

Looks nice but with XP Next Gen around the corner my wallet is closed for XP11 addons.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

And I would have risked that few dollars, especially since I was following the development of the project.
But ... there are probably some problems when using VR.
And I feel sorry for the xVision I recently bought and which will probably be "biting" with ESC. 😉

24 minutes ago, Janov said:

Didn´t think you would 😉

any idea what version of xplane the current xplane clouds actually date back to?

at least 8 it would seem

Tbh I never got why they never cared at all about the visual representation of the weather (and that doesnt stop at just the clouds). And I still dont get why.

Im also yet to be convinced XP12 is going to have fundamentally any better than Faruk has achieved.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

16 minutes ago, Janov said:

Amazing is that you think that it is amazing. But it perfectly fits into the picture I have of you after reading many of your posts.

Lets work through this together, then 🙂

Look at it this way: Asobo has not been able to include helicopters as default aircraft into MSFS. "Wait a minute", you will say. "They haven´t YET. They are sure to come!". "Oh!" I say. "So it is not that they are too dumb to do it, they just haven´t gotten around to it?". "Yes, that is exactly it!", you answer. "There was just too many other things they had to accomplish, it wasn´t for lack of ability, it was for lack of time and resources".

Get it?

Didn´t think you would 😉

I'll repeat: One person did this on their own, probably after their day job. Yet your point is, LR as a company couldn't spare the time and I am somehow unable to understand that? 😄

• Like 1

I tried the demo and decided for the time being $15 is well worth it for some pretty nice clouds. I think these clouds are really not that far from MS2020 clouds. And I do fly MSFS, but to be honest, my go to sim is XP.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1